view point correction

  • brontvain
    Message 1 of 39 , Nov 22, 2007
      has anyone used the viewpoint correction on ptgui 7.3 pro, for nadir
      shots?
      i mean the technique used here:
      http://www.ptgui.com/examples/vptutorial.html

      i wish it worked as smoothly as there for me...
    • paul womack
      Message 39 of 39 , Dec 5, 2007
        Sacha Griffin wrote:
        > Yup! :-)
        >
        > Been there. Lighting is key for mosaic scanning, even more so for very
        > reflective materials.
        >
        > It's MUCH better to move the artwork, than the camera, keeping the lights
        > static. Albeit maybe more of a pain?
        >
        > Anyway, it's probably close enough to be happy with. Congrats.

        Hmm. Then I lose the benefit of easy stitching.

        If I simply do this at night, when ALL the light
        is artificial (and thus constant) I'll avoid
        this problem.

        I then have a secondary task of either starting
        acheiving UNIFORM light over the map, or post-touching
        to achieve it.

        BugBear