RE: [PanoToolsNG] Help with Tokina 10-17mm

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 21, 2007
      Optimizing can be tricky at higher focal lengths. Especially wrapping around
      and hitting the zenith and nadirs.

      Once, you have all your zenith and nadirs added, with good cps to all their
      touch images, and especially from 0 last image.

      You should get a good optimization. Normally, however, as long as you have
      the last image well cps to the first image, your fov should read correctly.

      My attempts at 10mm rectilinear, lead to using more overlap, not less. This
      gives you second chances sometimes on mistakes which will occur more
      frequently at 10mm.

      Looking again, the tokina is a fisheye, 6 around is the correct number, the
      correct procedure is a pitch up or pitch down, with 3 more at z or n.

      If it's a sky shot, I'd pitch up, and do your three down. Normally, I do the
      reverse, using the viewfinder easily to see where the lens catches the head.

      Sacha Griffin
      www.southern-digital.com
      www.seeit360.net
      www.ezphotosafe.com