Re: [PanoToolsNG] What happened to Java?

  • Ken Warner
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2007
      I'm a Java programmer. I think you might be able to configure
      XP to hide the taskbar. I don't think that's a Java FUBAR -- I think.
      I know of nothing that would cause Java to show the taskbar. In
      fact, Java is so restricted that it can't even write a file to your
      disk unless it's signed or you give it explicit permission in your
      policy file.

      As for the horizontal strip that says Java Applet Window -- that's a SUN
      boneheadism. In the same "I'm so dumb I hit my own thumb instead of
      the nail" department as the memory restrictions on applets. People complain and file bug reports and they only get back excuses from
      SUN as to why it is cosmologically impossible to fix. But don't get
      me started....