Re: Canon D5 - Nikkor 10.5 low light shooting??

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
      Yes Hans is right, it is usable at 2.8 but the focus is critical. If
      you get the chance you should try it on a Canon40d with LiveView with
      the 10X magnifier enabled. It wasnt til I did this that I realised
      just how accurate you need be be. A millimeter off on the focusing
      ring is significant at 2.8

      Peter
      www.mediavr.com/blog

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Berry" <onezebra1@>
      wrote:

      > > I'm planning to shoot some low light and nighttime panos with the
      Canon
      > > D5 and Nikkor 10.5 mm lens. I have seen some nice ones done at
      1800 IOS
      > > but what aperture settings are people using with this lens? At
      F/2.8
      > > there is a lot of lens vignetting that can be fixed in CS3. If
      you need
      > > a fast shutter speed is this the way to go?
      >
      > Yes 2.8 is fine, but be careful with focusing, I hope you done some
      tests at full opening and
      > taped the focus. It is very sensible.
      >
      > I do not think lightfall is a problem at all. I use a setting of
      around 40 in Photoshop Raw
      > which is nothing compared to the 100% with the old Sigma 8mm.
      >
      > However do not expect the sharpness to the best at the top and
      bottom. Usually thats not a
      > problem for these type of shots.
      > As far as I remember all the panos from Photokina was made at 2.8
      and 4.
      > http://www.panoramas.dk/photokina/
      >
      > Hans

    • Hans Nyberg
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007

        > Yes Hans is right, it is usable at 2.8 but the focus is critical. If
        > you get the chance you should try it on a Canon40d with LiveView with
        > the 10X magnifier enabled. It wasnt til I did this that I realised
        > just how accurate you need be be. A millimeter off on the focusing
        > ring is significant at 2.8

        And BTW the same with the Tokina 10-17mm

        Hans
      • AYRTON - avi
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
          On 11/4/07, Hans Nyberg <hans@...> wrote:

          > And BTW the same with the Tokina 10-17mm
          >
          > Hans

          Hans I just bought a Tokina 10-17 mm ...
          do you have good or bad experiences with it???
          I do have the nikkor 1o,5 mm too
          Na dI'm using Nikon cameras ...
          Which one should I keep and one to sell :-)

          Thanks

          AYRTON 21-9982.6313 www.ayrton.com
          Ladeira de Nossa Senhora, 214 / sl. 101 www.vrfolio.com
          Outeiro da Glória - RJ - 22211-100 - Brasil www.vr-images.com