Re: All Saints' Day in Kraków, Poland

  • jann_lipka
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
      Szymon, good work .
      I made a try yesterday here in Stockholm ,
      it was PIA .

      Freezing cold, exposure of 20 seconds plus , I couldn't see a thing, and my tripod with
      small foot print was falling all the time because of wind :-)

      So your work looks really great - congrats !

      now a diversion in foreign language :

      Panie Szymonie, pozdrowienia ze Sztockholmu , troche to niesprawiedliwie
      bo polskie cmentarze sa naprawde duzo lepiej oswietlone od protestanckich .
      Ma Pan tu duza przewage !

      My try :

      http://www.viewat.org/?i=en&sec=pn&id_pn=472&rc=1

      I hope just for this image severe ghosting is OK :-)

      I know polish cemetaries are really exceptionally well
      decorated with candles, there is a huge wealth of forms sizes and shapes .
    • dalileis
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
        Very, very nice. I've got that feeling in the stomach which I get
        every time I see a VR which succeds in really taking me there. "The
        mood" is fantasticaly captured and intensified. It's what makes the
        VR:s. Using flashpanoramas, you could add some well picked music to
        that, I can just imagine what that would look/sound like. It'd be
        nothing short of spectacular. Thanks for sharing.

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Szymon \"Zbooy\" Madej"
        <panoramy@...> wrote:

        > I would like to present you a few panoramas I made on November the
        1st, a day
        > when people in Poland traditionally visit cemeteries to light
        candles on the
        > graves of their friends and relatives:
        > http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/search/2007-11-01/e
        >
        > Last year I made some on the eve of this day:
        > http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/search/2006-10-31/e
        >
        > Technically they present quite a challenge as scenes are just
        candle-lit and
        > the contrast can get very heavy; I did take some bracketed exposures but
        > they are still waiting to be processed so the above panoramas are
        all LDR.
        > Anyway 5D did quite nicely, with exposures up to 30 seconds and ISO
        > 800, quite a bit better than 10D last year, plus I remembered to
        clean the
        > lens thoroughly before shooting :-)
        >
        > zbooy
        > http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/

      • Karol Kwiatek
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
          Hello Szymon,

          It is nice to see the cementary from my city.
          I am not in Krakow now, so I didn't go there this year.
          I really like your panoramas!!!
          It's pity that you don't have panoramas from two places:
          - grave of Joan Paul II's parents
          - a monument of Joan Paul II from the military part of this cementary.
          They have huge amount of lights every year.

          Karol Kwiatek