Re: All Saints' Day in Kraków, Poland

  • dorindxn
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2007
      Good work, congratulations!

      thanks for sharing,

      Dorin

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Szymon \"Zbooy\" Madej"
      <panoramy@...> wrote:

      > I would like to present you a few panoramas I made on November the
      1st, a day
      > when people in Poland traditionally visit cemeteries to light
      candles on the
      > graves of their friends and relatives:
      > http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/search/2007-11-01/e
      >
      > Last year I made some on the eve of this day:
      > http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/search/2006-10-31/e
      >
      > Technically they present quite a challenge as scenes are just
      candle-lit and
      > the contrast can get very heavy; I did take some bracketed exposures but
      > they are still waiting to be processed so the above panoramas are
      all LDR.
      > Anyway 5D did quite nicely, with exposures up to 30 seconds and ISO
      > 800, quite a bit better than 10D last year, plus I remembered to
      clean the
      > lens thoroughly before shooting :-)
      >
      > zbooy
      > http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/

    • jann_lipka
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
        Szymon, good work .
        I made a try yesterday here in Stockholm ,
        it was PIA .

        Freezing cold, exposure of 20 seconds plus , I couldn't see a thing, and my tripod with
        small foot print was falling all the time because of wind :-)

        So your work looks really great - congrats !

        now a diversion in foreign language :

        Panie Szymonie, pozdrowienia ze Sztockholmu , troche to niesprawiedliwie
        bo polskie cmentarze sa naprawde duzo lepiej oswietlone od protestanckich .
        Ma Pan tu duza przewage !

        My try :

        http://www.viewat.org/?i=en&sec=pn&id_pn=472&rc=1

        I hope just for this image severe ghosting is OK :-)

        I know polish cemetaries are really exceptionally well
        decorated with candles, there is a huge wealth of forms sizes and shapes .
      • dalileis
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
          Very, very nice. I've got that feeling in the stomach which I get
          every time I see a VR which succeds in really taking me there. "The
          mood" is fantasticaly captured and intensified. It's what makes the
          VR:s. Using flashpanoramas, you could add some well picked music to
          that, I can just imagine what that would look/sound like. It'd be
          nothing short of spectacular. Thanks for sharing.

          <panoramy@...> wrote:

          > I would like to present you a few panoramas I made on November the
          1st, a day
          > when people in Poland traditionally visit cemeteries to light
          candles on the
          > graves of their friends and relatives:
          > http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/search/2007-11-01/e
          >
          > Last year I made some on the eve of this day:
          > http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/search/2006-10-31/e
          >
          > Technically they present quite a challenge as scenes are just
          candle-lit and
          > the contrast can get very heavy; I did take some bracketed exposures but
          > they are still waiting to be processed so the above panoramas are
          all LDR.
          > Anyway 5D did quite nicely, with exposures up to 30 seconds and ISO
          > 800, quite a bit better than 10D last year, plus I remembered to
          clean the
          > lens thoroughly before shooting :-)
          >
          > zbooy
          > http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/

        • Karol Kwiatek
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
            Hello Szymon,

            It is nice to see the cementary from my city.
            I am not in Krakow now, so I didn't go there this year.
            I really like your panoramas!!!
            It's pity that you don't have panoramas from two places:
            - grave of Joan Paul II's parents
            - a monument of Joan Paul II from the military part of this cementary.
            They have huge amount of lights every year.

            Karol Kwiatek