[PanoToolsNG] All Saints' Day in Kraków, Poland

  • Szymon "Zbooy" Madej
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 3, 2007
      I would like to present you a few panoramas I made on November the 1st, a day
      when people in Poland traditionally visit cemeteries to light candles on the
      graves of their friends and relatives:
      http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/search/2007-11-01/e

      Last year I made some on the eve of this day:
      http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/search/2006-10-31/e

      Technically they present quite a challenge as scenes are just candle-lit and
      the contrast can get very heavy; I did take some bracketed exposures but
      they are still waiting to be processed so the above panoramas are all LDR.
      Anyway 5D did quite nicely, with exposures up to 30 seconds and ISO 200 to
      800, quite a bit better than 10D last year, plus I remembered to clean the
      lens thoroughly before shooting :-)

      zbooy
      http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/
    • AYRTON - avi
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 3, 2007
        I LOVED it all
        Nice view
        For people from other side of the world, views like that are really interesting
        congratulations specially on the "mood" of the images
        Here in Brazil it happens on 2 of november, but it's kind of different
        people go to cemiteries to bring flowers and to clena the place
        I did not shoot it, because I was waiting for three different onlne
        newspapers to decide if they wanted me to shoot or not :-(
        Maybe next year.

        Thanks for showing us

        AYRTON

        On 11/3/07, Szymon Zbooy Madej <panoramy@...> wrote:

        > I would like to present you a few panoramas I made on November the 1st, a day
        > when people in Poland traditionally visit cemeteries to light candles on the
        > graves of their friends and relatives:
        > http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/search/2007-11-01/e
        >
        > Last year I made some on the eve of this day:
        > http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/search/2006-10-31/e
        >
        > Technically they present quite a challenge as scenes are just candle-lit and
        > the contrast can get very heavy; I did take some bracketed exposures but
        > they are still waiting to be processed so the above panoramas are all LDR.
        > Anyway 5D did quite nicely, with exposures up to 30 seconds and ISO 200 to
        > 800, quite a bit better than 10D last year, plus I remembered to clean the
        > lens thoroughly before shooting :-)
        >
        > zbooy
        > http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/

        AYRTON 21-9982.6313 www.ayrton.com
        Ladeira de Nossa Senhora, 214 / sl. 101 www.vrfolio.com
        Outeiro da Glória - RJ - 22211-100 - Brasil www.vr-images.com
        Panoramas do Rio de Janeiro www.rio360.com.br
      • dorindxn
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 3, 2007
          Good work, congratulations!

          thanks for sharing,

          Dorin

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Szymon \"Zbooy\" Madej"
          <panoramy@...> wrote:

          > I would like to present you a few panoramas I made on November the
          1st, a day
          > when people in Poland traditionally visit cemeteries to light
          candles on the
          > graves of their friends and relatives:
          > http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/search/2007-11-01/e
          >
          > Last year I made some on the eve of this day:
          > http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/search/2006-10-31/e
          >
          > Technically they present quite a challenge as scenes are just
          candle-lit and
          > the contrast can get very heavy; I did take some bracketed exposures but
          > they are still waiting to be processed so the above panoramas are
          all LDR.
          > Anyway 5D did quite nicely, with exposures up to 30 seconds and ISO
          > 800, quite a bit better than 10D last year, plus I remembered to
          clean the
          > lens thoroughly before shooting :-)
          >
          > zbooy
          > http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/

        • jann_lipka
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
            Szymon, good work .
            I made a try yesterday here in Stockholm ,
            it was PIA .

            Freezing cold, exposure of 20 seconds plus , I couldn't see a thing, and my tripod with
            small foot print was falling all the time because of wind :-)

            So your work looks really great - congrats !

            now a diversion in foreign language :

            Panie Szymonie, pozdrowienia ze Sztockholmu , troche to niesprawiedliwie
            bo polskie cmentarze sa naprawde duzo lepiej oswietlone od protestanckich .
            Ma Pan tu duza przewage !

            My try :

            http://www.viewat.org/?i=en&sec=pn&id_pn=472&rc=1

            I hope just for this image severe ghosting is OK :-)

            I know polish cemetaries are really exceptionally well
            decorated with candles, there is a huge wealth of forms sizes and shapes .
          • dalileis
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
              Very, very nice. I've got that feeling in the stomach which I get
              every time I see a VR which succeds in really taking me there. "The
              mood" is fantasticaly captured and intensified. It's what makes the
              VR:s. Using flashpanoramas, you could add some well picked music to
              that, I can just imagine what that would look/sound like. It'd be
              nothing short of spectacular. Thanks for sharing.

              <panoramy@...> wrote:

              > I would like to present you a few panoramas I made on November the
              1st, a day
              > when people in Poland traditionally visit cemeteries to light
              candles on the
              > graves of their friends and relatives:
              > http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/search/2007-11-01/e
              >
              > Last year I made some on the eve of this day:
              > http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/search/2006-10-31/e
              >
              > Technically they present quite a challenge as scenes are just
              candle-lit and
              > the contrast can get very heavy; I did take some bracketed exposures but
              > they are still waiting to be processed so the above panoramas are
              all LDR.
              > Anyway 5D did quite nicely, with exposures up to 30 seconds and ISO
              > 800, quite a bit better than 10D last year, plus I remembered to
              clean the
              > lens thoroughly before shooting :-)
              >
              > zbooy
              > http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/360/

            • Karol Kwiatek
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 4, 2007
                Hello Szymon,

                It is nice to see the cementary from my city.
                I am not in Krakow now, so I didn't go there this year.
                I really like your panoramas!!!
                It's pity that you don't have panoramas from two places:
                - grave of Joan Paul II's parents
                - a monument of Joan Paul II from the military part of this cementary.
                They have huge amount of lights every year.

                Karol Kwiatek