I am New - Help Me

  • SSG Rakash
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
      Hello,

      I am Rakash. I want to implement panorama stitching.
      Can you recommend me some source to understand the
      basic algorithm involved. Also where can i find some
      simple images which are easy to stitch.

      Thanking you,
      rakash.

      5, 50, 500, 5000 - Store N number of mails in your inbox. Go to http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html
    • Carel
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
        Welcome Rakash,

        The best place to start is the panotools.wiki:
        http://wiki.panotools.org/Main_Page

        Carel Struycken

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
            On Saturday, November 03, 2007 at 10:04, SSG Rakash wrote:

            > I am Rakash. I want to implement panorama stitching.
            > Can you recommend me some source to understand the
            > basic algorithm involved. Also where can i find some
            > simple images which are easy to stitch.

            I assume you ask as a programmer... The panotools open source
            development currently takes place on
            http://panotools.sourceforge.net/ (core library and applications) and
            on http://hugin.sourceforge.net/ (GUI and advanced developments)
            There are a mailing list for each of the projects:
            and
            http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

            As a programmer you are highly welcome to any of that groups.

            As for your original question: To my knowledge there isn't a single
            source for stitching algorithms but the panotools source code.
            Stitching is a pretty complex procedure involving:
            - Image remapping from and to various sources like rectilinear,
            fisheye, swing lens (cylindrical) or equirectangular projections.
            - lens distortion correction
            - positional optimization
            - interpolation algorithms
            and some advanced techniques like
            - feature recognition
            - blending algorithms
            - HDR techniques
            and much more.

            You have been pointed to the panotools wiki already. There you find
            some basic information about
            - projections: http://wiki.panotools.org/Projections
            - lens correction: http://wiki.panotools.org/Lens_correction_model
            - Panorama formats: http://wiki.panotools.org/Panorama_formats
            and much more.

            best regards
          • SSG Rakash
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 13, 2007
              Thankyou very much. Now i could get some idea about the panorama stitching technique.

              Could you tell me about the video panoramas. Do we apply this stitching process for each video frame. or is there some special technique available. where can i get some information regarding this.

              Thanking you,
              with regards,
              s.s.g.rakash.