Re: Hugin - Bleeding Edge

  • Pablo dAngelo
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2007
      Hi Chris,

      pano.chris schrieb:
      > I've seen a post or two that mentions all the great HDR stuff coming
      > with the new Hugin 0.7. What's the current thinking as to a release date?

      As a completely stable release? Thats always a hard question for people
      working in their spare time ;-) But I think we are not too far.

      > In the meantime it sounds like the current 0.7 beta4 posted on
      > SourceForge is a bit stale. What are my HDR options -- SVN? (I don't
      > suppose there's anything fancy like a Hugin nightly build).
      >
      > And if pulling from SVN is my only option, does anyone out there have
      > a windows build containing the new HDR candy (and that is decently
      > stable) that they'd be willing to share?

      Not at the moment, but we are currently setting up regular builds
      for Windows (and hopefully OSX, too). These will be used for preparation and
      fixing outstanding issues before a stable release can be made.
      For these builds, we also need testers that evaluate the builds and provide
      high quality feedback and bug reports. Further details are discussed on the
      hugin-ptx list at
      http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

      ciao
      Pablo
    • Pablo dAngelo
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2007
        Pablo dAngelo wrote:
        > Hi Chris,
        >
        > pano.chris schrieb:
        >> I've seen a post or two that mentions all the great HDR stuff coming
        >> with the new Hugin 0.7. What's the current thinking as to a release date?
        >
        > As a completely stable release? Thats always a hard question for people
        > working in their spare time ;-) But I think we are not too far.

        away from a release, I wanted to say. I can't promise anything, but its
        cleanup and bugsquashing phase right now.

        ciao
        Pablo (Who should read his posts before posting...)