Hugin - Bleeding Edge

  • pano.chris
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2007
      I've seen a post or two that mentions all the great HDR stuff coming
      with the new Hugin 0.7. What's the current thinking as to a release date?

      In the meantime it sounds like the current 0.7 beta4 posted on
      SourceForge is a bit stale. What are my HDR options -- SVN? (I don't
      suppose there's anything fancy like a Hugin nightly build).

      And if pulling from SVN is my only option, does anyone out there have
      a windows build containing the new HDR candy (and that is decently
      stable) that they'd be willing to share?

      I'm really not set up to be able to do my own builds and I have some
      projects that I need to get to quickly. In the meantime, I guess I'd
      be happy to do some windows platform testing ;-)

      -Chris
    • Pablo dAngelo
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2007
        Hi Chris,

        pano.chris schrieb:
        > I've seen a post or two that mentions all the great HDR stuff coming
        > with the new Hugin 0.7. What's the current thinking as to a release date?

        As a completely stable release? Thats always a hard question for people
        working in their spare time ;-) But I think we are not too far.

        > In the meantime it sounds like the current 0.7 beta4 posted on
        > SourceForge is a bit stale. What are my HDR options -- SVN? (I don't
        > suppose there's anything fancy like a Hugin nightly build).
        >
        > And if pulling from SVN is my only option, does anyone out there have
        > a windows build containing the new HDR candy (and that is decently
        > stable) that they'd be willing to share?

        Not at the moment, but we are currently setting up regular builds
        for Windows (and hopefully OSX, too). These will be used for preparation and
        fixing outstanding issues before a stable release can be made.
        For these builds, we also need testers that evaluate the builds and provide
        high quality feedback and bug reports. Further details are discussed on the
        hugin-ptx list at
        http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

        ciao
        Pablo
      • Pablo dAngelo
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2007
          Pablo dAngelo wrote:
          > Hi Chris,
          >
          > pano.chris schrieb:
          >> I've seen a post or two that mentions all the great HDR stuff coming
          >> with the new Hugin 0.7. What's the current thinking as to a release date?
          >
          > As a completely stable release? Thats always a hard question for people
          > working in their spare time ;-) But I think we are not too far.

          away from a release, I wanted to say. I can't promise anything, but its
          cleanup and bugsquashing phase right now.

          ciao
          Pablo (Who should read his posts before posting...)