Re: Last of the Lurkers part2

  • Vivek Dev Burman
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2007
      Hi all,

      My web chap suggested using Mediafire as a stop gap measure. Justin this
      may work for you too.

      So I have put up one Pano Vigl.mov (1024x768). If it works but should be
      larger please let me know. I will put up more over the weekend if all is OK.
      Nadir shot handheld so a little soft but its the only time I've got the
      VP correction to work.(D40x, sigma8mm3.5. ISO 400. From the basic jpegs.)

      http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7yept4e29yd

      This was a 24/7 vigil in front of St Xaviers College opposite a police
      station which was carried out spontaneously by citizen volunteers for a
      month till the government were forced to order a CBI enquiry into the
      boys death. Its a sad story of Rizwanur Rehman, an educated but middle
      class boy ( teaching graphic arts) who fell in love with a very rich
      business man's daughter and they eloped and got married.The girl's
      father then filed false cases & got the police to harass & threaten the
      couple. Finally the girl agreed to go with her father for a week to stop
      the trouble. The boy was found dead next to a railway track a few days
      later in an apparent suicide but the general consensus is that goons
      were hired to kill the boy. The girl is shattered but with her
      parents.The inquiry is in progress and frontpage news for the last few
      weeks.So far five top police officers have been transferred including
      the top cop himself. The posters behind have signatures of citizens
      demanding the probe. There is hope for this city yet.

      Bye,
      Vivek