Re: AW: [PanoToolsNG] Re: New (to me) HDR tool - Picturenaut

  • Bernhard Vogl
    Message 1 of 28 , Nov 1, 2007
      Menu:
      The strange thing is, that your menu is named differently than the one
      from the version i downloaded some minutes ago (Mine has a date of
      "6.9.2007")
      My menu entry reads "Generate HDRI..." yours "New...". Maybe there was a
      short time where a wrong build version was uploaded to the website? Then
      it may help to download the version again.

      Batch processing:
      Is is possible to batch process as long as you aren't afraid of using a
      command line. Look in the "bin" subdirectory where you unzipped
      picturenaut, e.g. "C:\Program Files\picturenaut\bin" - there are several
      useful command line tools.
      All programs can be called with the "-?" parameter to learn more about
      possible options.
      "mkhdri.exe" will generate the HDR from a set of LDR images.
      "hdri2ldri.exe" will map down to LDR using the adaptive logarithmic
      algorithm.
      "pptmo.exe" will map down to LDR using the adaptive photoreceptor algorithm.
      "tiif2jpeg.exe" tiff to jpeg conversion tool

      Simple command line usage example to generate and tonemap a HDRI:
      mkhdri.exe -out:result.hdr image1.tif image2.tif image3.tif
      pptmo.exe result.hdr tonemapped.tif

      Here is a starting point for a convinient drag&drop workflow (i
      personally love to work that way):
      In the directory where the above .exe files reside, create a file
      "convert.bat" with the following contents:
      ---snip---
      cd %~dp0
      mkhdri.exe -out:%~dpn1.hdr %*
      pptmo.exe %~dpn1.hdr %~dpn1_tonemapped.tif
      ---snip--
      Now you can drag your source LDR brackets onto the batch file.
      After processing, you will find 2 new files in your source image
      directory, named after the first input image: The generated .hdr file
      and a simple tonemapped version with a "_tonemapped" appendix... eg. you
      dragged "image1.tif image2.tif image3.tif" onto the batch. The result
      are 2 files: "image1.hdr" and "image1_tonemapped.tif".

      Best regards
      Bernhard

      Message 2 of 28 , Nov 2, 2007
        On Monday, October 29, 2007 at 14:29, Hoyle Koontz wrote:

        > Curious to know if anyone has tried Picturenaut -
        > http://www.hdrlabs.com/picturenaut/index.html - and if they care to comment
        > regarding the features/benefits/downfalls vs. other HDR tonemappers such as
        > Photomatix, etc.?

        See a comparison on the wiki:
        http://wiki.panotools.org/HDR_Software_overview

        best regards