Re: Announcing Panoramas from Nepal & India

  • jugstopper777
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Justin Imhoff" <junglejuz@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Eduardo. Sorry to all the mac users. This is one of the reasons I'm looking for
      another place to host these panoramas.

      > Cheers,
      >
      > Justin

      Actually, all you have to do is restart Safari (or Firefox, etc.) in Rosetta mode (a checkbox in
      the "get info" panel) and SPi-V works just fine. Inconvenient, yes, but I am willing to do it for
      compelling content such as this!

      Just a thought: can't some of the Flash players parse an equirectangular? If so, why not use
      them with the images on Flickr? I know Denis of FlashPanorama has an ER to cube converter
      (cylConverter.swf) that can do the conversion on the fly. It adds some time for the
      conversion by the user's computer and is maybe a little lower resolution than if you use cube
      faces. Still, couldn't that be used somehow with Flickr?

      John