Re: WiiRemote for panorama playback control

  • dmgalpha
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Carel <cs@...> wrote:

      > You may ask "Why?!" It would be mainly for demonstrations where one
      wants to
      > position the client at the best angle in front of the screen and at
      the same
      > time stay in control of the interface without having to hover over the
      > person, while trying to use the mousepad:
      > http://www.sphericalpanoramas.com/WiiRemote.html
      > The WiiRemote can be used on PC, Linux and OS X. For this demo I
      used Remote
      > Buddy, a WiiRemote GUI for the Mac.
      >
      > Carel Struycken
      > --

      Carel,

      The WiiR cannot measure yaw without the infrared emitter. And it uses
      accelerometers, not inclinometers.

      Having said that, there are already device drivers for the WiiR. They
      could be integrated easily (as long as the license allows it) with any
      panorama browser.

      My opinion (having some experience integrating the WiiR with OS X) is
      that you are better off with one of those remove control
      mouse-with-a-laser pointer.

      --
      dmg