Re: [PanoToolsNG] las vegas boulevard - hd view

  • AYRTON - avi
    Message 1 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
      Again
      no way to see on MACs !!!
      This microsofti plugin does not work outside windowes
      Sorry

      AYRTON

      On 10/31/07, Juergen Schrader <panorama@...> wrote:
      > hi group,
      >
      > this time i want to share my first attempt on displaying some larger
      > kind of spherical panoramas on the net (this specific one is 20480 x
      > 10240). i started evaluating hd-view from microsoft and chose a
      > picture i recently took for a customer on las vegas boulevard.
      >
      > there is no hdr stuff involved, just manual blending on some
      > highlights. i still have to figure out how to get the right settings
      > for the initial view.
      >
      > anyway. on customers demand the picture was taken purposely around 3
      > a.m. to avoid the people. (i also have one with the crowd and
      > fountains, but this one has to wait).
      >
      > enjoy
      > juergen
      >
      > www.schrader-air.de/panorama/lasvegas
      > (ie or firefox, no opera, sorry for the inconvenience).

      AYRTON 21-9982.6313 www.ayrton.com
      Ladeira de Nossa Senhora, 214 / sl. 101 www.vrfolio.com
      Outeiro da Glória - RJ - 22211-100 - Brasil www.vr-images.com
      Panoramas do Rio de Janeiro www.rio360.com.br
    • Mark D. Fink
      Message 2 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
        Hi Ayrton,

        I think this has been discussed before. The plugin is still in beta, and I’m
        guessing that Juergen is just doing some testing of the application. Once it
        is out of beta, it’s anyone’s guess if MS will make it compatible with MACs.
        I wouldn’t hold my breath… :o)

        Mark

        www.pinnacle-vr.com <http://www.pinnacle-vr.com/>

        www.northernlight.net <http://www.northernlight.net/>

        _____

        On 10/31/07, Juergen Schrader <panorama@schrader-
        <mailto:panorama%40schrader-air.de> air.de> wrote:
        > hi group,
        >
        > this time i want to share my first attempt on displaying some larger
        > kind of spherical panoramas on the net (this specific one is 20480 x
        > 10240). i started evaluating hd-view from microsoft and chose a
        > picture i recently took for a customer on las vegas boulevard.
        >
        > there is no hdr stuff involved, just manual blending on some
        > highlights. i still have to figure out how to get the right settings
        > for the initial view.
        >
        > anyway. on customers demand the picture was taken purposely around 3
        > a.m. to avoid the people. (i also have one with the crowd and
        > fountains, but this one has to wait).
        >
        > enjoy
        > juergen
        >
        > www.schrader-air.de/panorama/lasvegas
        > (ie or firefox, no opera, sorry for the inconvenience).

        AYRTON 21-9982.6313 www.ayrton.com
        Ladeira de Nossa Senhora, 214 / sl. 101 www.vrfolio.com
        Outeiro da Glória - RJ - 22211-100 - Brasil www.vr-images.com
        Panoramas do Rio de Janeiro www.rio360.com.br

      • Juergen Schrader
        Message 3 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
          chris,

          this specific file is "just" 40 mb. mind there's lots of black and
          due to the night scene i set quality to 60%. i have a usual daylight
          scene with higher quality settings which ended up with 70 mb.
          sure, i have to try different settings though.
          but also sure, i do not want hi res panoramas to see jpg artefacts
          *g*.

          best
          juergen

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Chris Thomas <chris@...> wrote:

          > Very cool Juergen..
          >

          > The viewer installed easily and worked flawlessly.
          >
          > How big is the file on your server?
          >

          > Cheers
          >
          > chris
          >

          > Chris Thomas
          >
          > Photographer
          >
          > cell... 403-615-1212
          >
          > In North America
          >
          > call... 1-800-870-5110
          >
          > <http://www.christhomas.com/> http://www.christhomas.com

        • Paul D. DeRocco
          Message 4 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
            > From: Juergen Schrader
            >
            > this time i want to share my first attempt on displaying some larger
            > kind of spherical panoramas on the net (this specific one is 20480 x
            > 10240). i started evaluating hd-view from microsoft and chose a
            > picture i recently took for a customer on las vegas boulevard.
            >
            > there is no hdr stuff involved, just manual blending on some
            > highlights. i still have to figure out how to get the right settings
            > for the initial view.
            >
            > anyway. on customers demand the picture was taken purposely around 3
            > a.m. to avoid the people. (i also have one with the crowd and
            > fountains, but this one has to wait).

            Nicely done. It's interesting that the viewer seems to use rectangular
            projection at higher zoom levels, and spherical when zoomed out, with a
            smooth transition between them.

            --

            Ciao, Paul D. DeRocco
            Paul mailto:pderocco@...
            Message 5 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
              Sometime around 31/10/07 (at 13:38 +0000) Juergen Schrader said:

              >anyway. on customers demand the picture was taken purposely around 3
              >a.m. to avoid the people. (i also have one with the crowd and
              >fountains, but this one has to wait).

              Photoshop CS3 could be used to produce a composite image from
              multiple shots that eliminates people, if you have enough shots of
              the same place to be able to mask out the differences from each one.

              >www.schrader-air.de/panorama/lasvegas
              >(ie or firefox, no opera, sorry for the inconvenience).

              Or Safari, or Macs in general? :-(

            • Keith Martin
              Message 6 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
                Sometime around 31/10/07 (at 12:39 -0400) Mark D. Fink said:

                >Once it
                >is out of beta, it’s anyone’s guess if MS will make it compatible with MACs.
                >I wouldn’t hold my breath… :o)

                Quite. "Anyone's guess" is one way of putting it.
                "Snowball's chance in hell" is another. Remember,
                this is the company that is known for the
                'exterminate' approach to all competition,
                wherever they can get away with it and sometimes
                where they can't.

                I appreciate the fact that this viewer offers
                something very interesting for certain projects.
                But please remember to support inclusive,
                cross-platform solutions wherever humanly
                possible.

              • Juergen Schrader
                Message 7 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
                  i agree and would be happy if one could direct me to an appropriate
                  tool a non coder can use to show sphericals at least in the 1/2
                  gigapixel range.

                  best
                  juergen

                  but we don't need another ms flame though ^^

                  > Sometime around 31/10/07 (at 12:39 -0400) Mark D. Fink said:
                  >
                  > >Once it
                  > >is out of beta, it's anyone's guess if MS will make it compatible
                  with MACs.
                  > >I wouldn't hold my breath… :o)
                  >
                  > Quite. "Anyone's guess" is one way of putting it.
                  > "Snowball's chance in hell" is another. Remember,
                  > this is the company that is known for the
                  > 'exterminate' approach to all competition,
                  > wherever they can get away with it and sometimes
                  > where they can't.
                  >
                  > I appreciate the fact that this viewer offers
                  > something very interesting for certain projects.
                  > But please remember to support inclusive,
                  > cross-platform solutions wherever humanly
                  > possible.

                • Hans Nyberg
                  Message 8 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Juergen Schrader" <panorama@...> wrote:

                    > i agree and would be happy if one could direct me to an appropriate
                    > tool a non coder can use to show sphericals at least in the 1/2
                    > gigapixel range.

                    Your 20.000 pixels should work fine in QTVR.
                    I have one online here http://www.panoramas.dk/big/fullscreen1.html
                    which as far as I remember is around 19.000 pixels and 5920 pixels cubefaces.
                    Made with 5x5 tiles it loads very fast the first parts.

                    Warning; 23 mb download

                    I guess around 7000pixels cubefaces is the max I can produce on my G5 with
                    CubicConverter

                    I have to say I hate zoomify
                    I remember the zoomify spherical panoramas. They died a quiet death.

                    I can not see the HDview in my Parallels Windows XP for some reason but I am not
                    interested in it either. The whole idea with all these super resolution images on the net in
                    zoomable versions are to me very uninteresting.

                    For gigantic prints -Yes but seeing it in computer No.

                    Hans
                  • Juergen Schrader
                    Message 9 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
                      yeah sure, i know about this. but, honestly, i can't imagine i would
                      want to shoot that much pictures on las vegas boulevard at nine in
                      the night. personally i'd rather prefer the people and fountains
                      anyway. we'll see. ;)

                      > Sometime around 31/10/07 (at 13:38 +0000) Juergen Schrader said:
                      >
                      > >anyway. on customers demand the picture was taken purposely
                      around 3
                      > >a.m. to avoid the people. (i also have one with the crowd and
                      > >fountains, but this one has to wait).
                      >
                      > Photoshop CS3 could be used to produce a composite image from
                      > multiple shots that eliminates people, if you have enough shots of
                      > the same place to be able to mask out the differences from each
                      one.

                      > >www.schrader-air.de/panorama/lasvegas
                      > >(ie or firefox, no opera, sorry for the inconvenience).
                      >
                      > Or Safari, or Macs in general? :-(

                    • Paul D. DeRocco
                      Message 10 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
                        > From: Keith Martin
                        >
                        > Quite. "Anyone's guess" is one way of putting it.
                        > "Snowball's chance in hell" is another. Remember,
                        > this is the company that is known for the
                        > 'exterminate' approach to all competition,
                        > wherever they can get away with it and sometimes
                        > where they can't.

                        I think it's more likely that MS _will_ come out with a Mac version, since
                        it's doubtful that very many people would use the format if Mac users
                        couldn't view it. (They did, after all, come out with IE for the Mac.) And I
                        can't imagine that anyone at MS would be deluded enough to think that
                        creating this minor viewer utility only for Windows would make anyone switch
                        from a Mac to a Windows machine.

                        Just my W.A.G., though.

                        --

                        Ciao, Paul D. DeRocco
                        Paul mailto:pderocco@...
                        Message 11 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
                          <Warning; 23 mb download>

                          but that's exactly the point. and mind that this is just a small one.

                          i agree that not every picture will benefit from just making it big.
                          (same with the hdr hype). but there truely are scenes that deserve it
                          or purposes that demand it. and i am pretty sure that in the near
                          future there is an expanding market for this kind.

                          cheers
                          juergen

                          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Juergen Schrader" <panorama@>
                          wrote:

                          > > i agree and would be happy if one could direct me to an
                          appropriate
                          > > tool a non coder can use to show sphericals at least in the 1/2
                          > > gigapixel range.
                          >
                          > Your 20.000 pixels should work fine in QTVR.
                          > I have one online here http://www.panoramas.dk/big/fullscreen1.html
                          > which as far as I remember is around 19.000 pixels and 5920 pixels
                          cubefaces.
                          > Made with 5x5 tiles it loads very fast the first parts.
                          >
                          > Warning; 23 mb download
                          >
                          > I guess around 7000pixels cubefaces is the max I can produce on my
                          G5 with
                          > CubicConverter
                          >
                          > I have to say I hate zoomify
                          > I remember the zoomify spherical panoramas. They died a quiet
                          death.

                          > I can not see the HDview in my Parallels Windows XP for some
                          reason but I am not
                          > interested in it either. The whole idea with all these super
                          resolution images on the net in
                          > zoomable versions are to me very uninteresting.
                          >
                          > For gigantic prints -Yes but seeing it in computer No.
                          >
                          > Hans

                        • Jook Leung
                          Message 12 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
                            For flat panoramas there's a cool sharing site at http://gigapan.org

                            Jook

                            On Oct 31, 2007, at 5:22 PM, Hans Nyberg wrote:

                            > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Juergen Schrader"
                            > <panorama@...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > i agree and would be happy if one could direct me to an appropriate
                            > > tool a non coder can use to show sphericals at least in the 1/2
                            > > gigapixel range.
                            >
                            > Your 20.000 pixels should work fine in QTVR.
                            > I have one online here http://www.panoramas.dk/big/fullscreen1.html
                            > which as far as I remember is around 19.000 pixels and 5920 pixels
                            > cubefaces.
                            > Made with 5x5 tiles it loads very fast the first parts.
                            >
                            > Warning; 23 mb download
                            >
                            > I guess around 7000pixels cubefaces is the max I can produce on my
                            > G5 with
                            > CubicConverter
                            >
                            > I have to say I hate zoomify
                            > I remember the zoomify spherical panoramas. They died a quiet death.
                            >
                            > I can not see the HDview in my Parallels Windows XP for some reason
                            > but I am not
                            > interested in it either. The whole idea with all these super
                            > resolution images on the net in
                            > zoomable versions are to me very uninteresting.
                            >
                            > For gigantic prints -Yes but seeing it in computer No.
                            >
                            > Hans

                            Jook Leung Photography
                            360VR Images - 360 degree Panoramic photography
                            Web: http://360vr.com
                            E-mail: jook@...

                          • Paul D. DeRocco
                            Message 13 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
                              > From: Hans Nyberg
                              >
                              > Your 20.000 pixels should work fine in QTVR.
                              > I have one online here http://www.panoramas.dk/big/fullscreen1.html
                              > which as far as I remember is around 19.000 pixels and 5920
                              > pixels cubefaces. Made with 5x5 tiles it loads very fast the
                              > first parts.
                              >
                              > Warning; 23 mb download

                              I think the point of this particular MS viewer is that it doesn't just
                              download the whole image, it works more like Google Earth, downloading and
                              caching the parts that the user actually views, at the resolution viewed at.
                              Indeed, the presentation is fairly similar to the Gigapixl Photos on Google
                              Earth, except that they're all flat, not 360s.

                              > I can not see the HDview in my Parallels Windows XP for some
                              > reason but I am not
                              > interested in it either. The whole idea with all these super
                              > resolution images on the net in
                              > zoomable versions are to me very uninteresting.
                              >
                              > For gigantic prints -Yes but seeing it in computer No.

                              Do you print other people's big panos? I never do--I just look at them
                              online. For 360s, it's printing that seems pretty uninteresting to me, since
                              they look pretty weird when printed flat.

                              --

                              Ciao, Paul D. DeRocco
                              Paul mailto:pderocco@...
                              Message 14 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
                                Hi Juergen,

                                > i agree and would be happy if one could direct me to an appropriate
                                > tool a non coder can use to show sphericals at least in the 1/2
                                > gigapixel range.

                                Google Earth can do this, too. It doesn't have some fancy features of
                                HDView, but its nice to place panos on Google Earth. I have tested it with a
                                40000x10000 cylindrical pano I shot from the Campanile in Berkeley, and it
                                works fine. I have used a self written python script for the creation of the
                                required tiles, but this should also work and is probably a little more
                                comfortable:
                                http://www.casa.ucl.ac.uk/software/photooverlaycreator.asp
                                Not sure if that progam can convert gigapixel panos, though.

                                This is actually nicer than most of the other viewers, since it will work in
                                linux too ;-)

                                ciao
                                Pablo

                                > best
                                > juergen
                                >
                                > but we don't need another ms flame though ^^
                                >

                                > --- In #email-removed# Keith Martin <keith@...> wrote:
                                >> Sometime around 31/10/07 (at 12:39 -0400) Mark D. Fink said:
                                >>
                                >>> Once it
                                >>> is out of beta, it's anyone's guess if MS will make it compatible
                                > with MACs.
                                >>> I wouldn't hold my breath… :o)
                                >> Quite. "Anyone's guess" is one way of putting it.
                                >> "Snowball's chance in hell" is another. Remember,
                                >> this is the company that is known for the
                                >> 'exterminate' approach to all competition,
                                >> wherever they can get away with it and sometimes
                                >> where they can't.
                                >>
                                >> I appreciate the fact that this viewer offers
                                >> something very interesting for certain projects.
                                >> But please remember to support inclusive,
                                >> cross-platform solutions wherever humanly
                                >> possible.

                              • Juergen Schrader
                                Message 15 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
                                  yep, i found this on the ivrpa journal today and soon will give it a
                                  try.

                                  cheers
                                  juergen

                                  pablo, you got my mail?

                                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Pablo dAngelo
                                  <pablo.dangelo@...> wrote:

                                  > Hi Juergen,
                                  >
                                  > > i agree and would be happy if one could direct me to an
                                  appropriate
                                  > > tool a non coder can use to show sphericals at least in the 1/2
                                  > > gigapixel range.
                                  >
                                  > Google Earth can do this, too. It doesn't have some fancy features
                                  of
                                  > HDView, but its nice to place panos on Google Earth. I have tested
                                  it with a
                                  > 40000x10000 cylindrical pano I shot from the Campanile in
                                  Berkeley, and it
                                  > works fine. I have used a self written python script for the
                                  creation of the
                                  > required tiles, but this should also work and is probably a little
                                  more
                                  > comfortable:
                                  > http://www.casa.ucl.ac.uk/software/photooverlaycreator.asp
                                  > Not sure if that progam can convert gigapixel panos, though.
                                  >
                                  > This is actually nicer than most of the other viewers, since it
                                  will work in
                                  > linux too ;-)
                                  >
                                  > ciao
                                  > Pablo
                                  >

                                  > > best
                                  > > juergen
                                  > >
                                  > > but we don't need another ms flame though ^^
                                  > >

                                  > > --- In #email-removed# Keith Martin <keith@> wrote:

                                  > > with MACs.
                                  > >> Quite. "Anyone's guess" is one way of putting it.
                                  > >> "Snowball's chance in hell" is another. Remember,
                                  > >> this is the company that is known for the
                                  > >> 'exterminate' approach to all competition,
                                  > >> wherever they can get away with it and sometimes
                                  > >> where they can't.
                                  > >>
                                  > >> I appreciate the fact that this viewer offers
                                  > >> something very interesting for certain projects.
                                  > >> But please remember to support inclusive,
                                  > >> cross-platform solutions wherever humanly
                                  > >> possible.

                                • Juergen Schrader
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
                                    thank you jook,

                                    i visited their site the other day and really like their approach.
                                    but finally i felt i wouldn't want to leave the picture i shot for a
                                    customer at full resolution on an unknown server.

                                    cheers
                                    juergen

                                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Jook Leung <jook360@...> wrote:

                                    > For flat panoramas there's a cool sharing site at http://gigapan.org
                                    >

                                    > Jook
                                    >

                                    > On Oct 31, 2007, at 5:22 PM, Hans Nyberg wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Juergen Schrader"
                                    > > <panorama@> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > i agree and would be happy if one could direct me to an
                                    appropriate
                                    > > > tool a non coder can use to show sphericals at least in the 1/2
                                    > > > gigapixel range.
                                    > >
                                    > > Your 20.000 pixels should work fine in QTVR.
                                    > > I have one online here http://www.panoramas.dk/big/
                                    fullscreen1.html
                                    > > which as far as I remember is around 19.000 pixels and 5920
                                    pixels
                                    > > cubefaces.
                                    > > Made with 5x5 tiles it loads very fast the first parts.
                                    > >
                                    > > Warning; 23 mb download
                                    > >
                                    > > I guess around 7000pixels cubefaces is the max I can produce on
                                    my
                                    > > G5 with
                                    > > CubicConverter
                                    > >
                                    > > I have to say I hate zoomify
                                    > > I remember the zoomify spherical panoramas. They died a quiet
                                    death.

                                    > > I can not see the HDview in my Parallels Windows XP for some
                                    reason
                                    > > but I am not
                                    > > interested in it either. The whole idea with all these super
                                    > > resolution images on the net in
                                    > > zoomable versions are to me very uninteresting.
                                    > >
                                    > > For gigantic prints -Yes but seeing it in computer No.
                                    > >
                                    > > Hans
                                    > >

                                    > Jook Leung Photography
                                    > 360VR Images - 360 degree Panoramic photography
                                    > Web: http://360vr.com
                                    > E-mail: jook@...

                                  • Hans Nyberg
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
                                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Juergen Schrader" <panorama@...> wrote:

                                      > <Warning; 23 mb download>
                                      >
                                      > but that's exactly the point. and mind that this is just a small one.

                                      Not at all.
                                      The problem with the Zoomyfy type what ever it is called is that you have to download the
                                      tiles again and again.
                                      Image always has to update even if you have a 6 mbit connection like me.

                                      The QTVR when you make it the right way pointing at the right interesting point updates
                                      and stays as you start exploring.
                                      Even with a standard ADSL you have a full view on the screen in less than 20 seconds and
                                      when it is loaded you can explore what ever you like without the extremely irritating pixel
                                      update.

                                      Most of these gigapixel images has a real resolution which is much less than they claim.
                                      Cut them to half and you can still see the same details.

                                      My 5920 cubefaces can easy be reduced to 4500 and you will still have the same
                                      experience.

                                      And many of them has nothing to give you when zooming in.
                                      Take a look at the famous cliff here at Xrez
                                      http://www.xrez.com/

                                      It is impressing.
                                      But what the hack is impressing in zooming in on some stones.
                                      50% zoom is enough to give me the felling of the cliffs.

                                      The full image is what impresses me as a natural wonder.

                                      Hans
                                    • Jeffrey Martin
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
                                        We *can* convert gigapixel panos / sphericals, into the googlemap and
                                        photoOverlay format simultaneously (with the additional option to put
                                        hotspots in the google map version...)
                                        One example (still under development - http://krumlov.360cities.net/?layer=1 )

                                        We do not (yet) offer an uploading interface, but whoever is
                                        interested, feel free to send a message to me off-list.

                                        Jeffrey

                                        > I have used a self written python script for the creation of the
                                        > required tiles, but this should also work and is probably a little more
                                        > comfortable:
                                        > http://www.casa.ucl.ac.uk/software/photooverlaycreator.asp
                                        > Not sure if that progam can convert gigapixel panos, though.

                                        --
                                        ------------------
                                        www.360cities.net
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
                                          Zoomify isn't bad on a fast connection. On slow connections, it's beyond
                                          annoying. You are waiting 90% of the time for tile downloads.

                                          There seems to be a coding problem with the hd view stuff.

                                          It downloaded ALL interim tiles for before showing the tiles suitable for
                                          the view. Not cool.

                                          Ideally, tiles should be downloaded based on some the users connection speed
                                          to prevent further waits, except for sphericals. :-)

                                          Considering no one zooms for those anyway. Though tiles should be downloaded
                                          at higher resolutions for different screen resolutions.

                                          Sacha Griffin
                                          www.southern-digital.com
                                          www.seeit360.net
                                          www.ezphotosafe.com
                                          404-551-4275
                                          404-731-7798

                                          _____

                                          <http://www.panoramas.dk/big/fullscreen1.html> s.dk/big/fullscreen1.html
                                          which as far as I remember is around 19.000 pixels and 5920 pixels
                                          cubefaces.
                                          Made with 5x5 tiles it loads very fast the first parts.

                                          Warning; 23 mb download

                                          I guess around 7000pixels cubefaces is the max I can produce on my G5 with
                                          CubicConverter

                                          I have to say I hate zoomify
                                          I remember the zoomify spherical panoramas. They died a quiet death.

                                          I can not see the HDview in my Parallels Windows XP for some reason but I am
                                          not
                                          interested in it either. The whole idea with all these super resolution
                                          images on the net in
                                          zoomable versions are to me very uninteresting.

                                          For gigantic prints -Yes but seeing it in computer No.

                                        • greg downing
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
                                            >Take a look at the famous cliff here at Xrez
                                            >http://www.xrez.com/

                                            Hans,

                                            You will have to refer the group to the specific image in the gallery,
                                            our images on our home page loads a different image at random from our
                                            gallery each time the page is reloaded.

                                            -Greg Downing
                                            http://www.xrez.com/
                                            http://www.gregdowning.com/
                                          • Hans Nyberg
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
                                              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "greg downing" <greg@...> wrote:

                                              > >Take a look at the famous cliff here at Xrez
                                              > >http://www.xrez.com/
                                              >
                                              > Hans,
                                              >
                                              > You will have to refer the group to the specific image in the gallery,
                                              > our images on our home page loads a different image at random from our
                                              > gallery each time the page is reloaded.

                                              Sorry, never seen anything else but ElCapitan in different versions on the frontpage,
                                              Might be by chance. I can see if I reload I can get a couple of others.

                                              Hans
                                            • Juergen Schrader
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Oct 31, 2007
                                                here we go:
                                                http://www.schrader-air.de/panorama/lasvegas.kml

                                                problem maybe the mime types in your browser and/or my server. i have
                                                no idea how to fix this. i only was able to launch ge while using
                                                firefox. ie and opera would open the kml as text file.

                                                enjoy
                                                juergen