Re: Announcing Panoramas from Nepal & India

  • Justin Imhoff
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 31, 2007
      Hi Vivek,

      Thanks for your comments.

      I am using a Manfrotto 679B monopod with a Nodal Ninja 2 head and a
      Tokina 10-17mm fisheye lens. I can do a full 360 with 6 shots around
      + 1 zenith and 1 nadir. For the monopod shots I usually need to take
      a step back and shoot another nadir image in order to cap it
      completely.

      Regards,

      Justin

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Vivek Dev Burman <vdb123@...>
      wrote:

      > > Thanks for looking and I welcome any feedback and/or questions
      you may have for me.

      > > Regards,
      > >
      > > Justin Imhoff
      >
      > Hi Justin,
      >
      > Very nice Pano's. There is great clarity in the air which is rare
      for
      > India. Nepal is always very clear. I love the early morning feel of
      the
      > Taj Mahal.
      >
      > What kind of pole are you using ? & how many shots around.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Vivek
      >
      > Next time you are in India look me up if you come east.

    • jugstopper777
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2007
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Justin Imhoff" <junglejuz@...> wrote:

        > Thanks Eduardo. Sorry to all the mac users. This is one of the reasons I'm looking for
        another place to host these panoramas.

        > Cheers,
        >
        > Justin

        Actually, all you have to do is restart Safari (or Firefox, etc.) in Rosetta mode (a checkbox in
        the "get info" panel) and SPi-V works just fine. Inconvenient, yes, but I am willing to do it for
        compelling content such as this!

        Just a thought: can't some of the Flash players parse an equirectangular? If so, why not use
        them with the images on Flickr? I know Denis of FlashPanorama has an ER to cube converter
        (cylConverter.swf) that can do the conversion on the fly. It adds some time for the
        conversion by the user's computer and is maybe a little lower resolution than if you use cube
        faces. Still, couldn't that be used somehow with Flickr?

        John