Announcing Panoramas from Nepal & India

  • Justin Imhoff
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 30, 2007
      Hi everyone.

      After many months of post production in my spare time I have finally uploaded all 50 of my 360 spherical panoramas from a recent trip to Nepal and India. It's been a huge learning curve and my standards have been quite high but I'm pleased with the final results.

      Currently they are being hosted on my Flickr account and they are visible interactively with SPi-V using the link underneath the equirectangular image. I am also looking for another, more appropriate place to host these if anyone can offer some ideas of advice on this matter.

      The links are:

      Nepal - http://www.flickr.com/photos/junglejuz/sets/72157602005724119/
      India - http://www.flickr.com/photos/junglejuz/sets/72157602156590261/

      Thanks for looking and I welcome any feedback and/or questions you may have for me.

      Regards,

      Justin Imhoff

    • AYRTON - avi
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 30, 2007
        Sorry but ALL intel macs
        can NOT see anything at all !!!
        couldn't you use something els besides spvi,
        like the old but goodie QT or the newest Flash 9 ???
        Thanks
        AYRTON

        On 10/30/07, Justin Imhoff <junglejuz@...> wrote:
        > Hi everyone.
        >
        > After many months of post production in my spare time I have finally uploaded all 50 of my 360 spherical panoramas from a recent trip to Nepal and India. It's been a huge learning curve and my standards have been quite high but I'm pleased with the final results.
        >
        > Currently they are being hosted on my Flickr account and they are visible interactively with SPi-V using the link underneath the equirectangular image. I am also looking for another, more appropriate place to host these if anyone can offer some ideas of advice on this matter.
        >
        > The links are:
        >
        > Nepal - http://www.flickr.com/photos/junglejuz/sets/72157602005724119/
        > India - http://www.flickr.com/photos/junglejuz/sets/72157602156590261/
        >
        > Thanks for looking and I welcome any feedback and/or questions you may have for me.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Justin Imhoff

        AYRTON 21-9982.6313 www.ayrton.com
        Ladeira de Nossa Senhora, 214 / sl. 101 www.vrfolio.com
        Outeiro da Glória - RJ - 22211-100 - Brasil www.vr-images.com
        Panoramas do Rio de Janeiro www.rio360.com.br
      • Eduardo Hutter
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 30, 2007
          Hey Justin,

          > After many months of post production in my spare time I have
          > finally uploaded all 50 of my 360 spherical panoramas from a recent
          > trip to Nepal and India.

          Beautifull panos and the places are amazing! Sharpness and color are
          great, congratulations.

          AYRTON wrote:

          > Sorry but ALL intel macs can NOT see anything at all !!! couldn't you
          > use something els besides spvi, like the old but goodie QT or the
          > newest Flash 9 ???

          It's on Flickr and they only have one option to publish which is a
          adapted version from Aldo's SPi-V.

          cheers,

          Eduardo
        • Justin Imhoff
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 30, 2007
            Thanks Eduardo. Sorry to all the mac users. This is one of the reasons I'm looking for another place to host these panoramas.

            Cheers,

            Justin

            AYRTON wrote:

            > Sorry but ALL intel macs can NOT see anything at all !!! couldn't you
            > use something els besides spvi, like the old but goodie QT or the
            > newest Flash 9 ???

            It's on Flickr and they only have one option to publish which is a
            adapted version from Aldo's SPi-V.

            cheers,

            Eduardo

          • Vivek Dev Burman
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 30, 2007
              > Thanks for looking and I welcome any feedback and/or questions you may have for me.
              >
              > Regards,
              >
              > Justin Imhoff

              Hi Justin,

              Very nice Pano's. There is great clarity in the air which is rare for
              India. Nepal is always very clear. I love the early morning feel of the
              Taj Mahal.

              What kind of pole are you using ? & how many shots around.

              Regards,
              Vivek

              Next time you are in India look me up if you come east.
            • Justin Imhoff
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 31, 2007
                Hi Vivek,

                Thanks for your comments.

                I am using a Manfrotto 679B monopod with a Nodal Ninja 2 head and a
                Tokina 10-17mm fisheye lens. I can do a full 360 with 6 shots around
                + 1 zenith and 1 nadir. For the monopod shots I usually need to take
                a step back and shoot another nadir image in order to cap it
                completely.

                Regards,

                Justin

                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Vivek Dev Burman <vdb123@...>
                wrote:

                > > Thanks for looking and I welcome any feedback and/or questions
                you may have for me.

                > > Regards,
                > >
                > > Justin Imhoff
                >
                > Hi Justin,
                >
                > Very nice Pano's. There is great clarity in the air which is rare
                for
                > India. Nepal is always very clear. I love the early morning feel of
                the
                > Taj Mahal.
                >
                > What kind of pole are you using ? & how many shots around.
                >
                > Regards,
                > Vivek
                >
                > Next time you are in India look me up if you come east.

              • jugstopper777
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 1, 2007
                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Justin Imhoff" <junglejuz@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks Eduardo. Sorry to all the mac users. This is one of the reasons I'm looking for
                  another place to host these panoramas.

                  > Cheers,
                  >
                  > Justin

                  Actually, all you have to do is restart Safari (or Firefox, etc.) in Rosetta mode (a checkbox in
                  the "get info" panel) and SPi-V works just fine. Inconvenient, yes, but I am willing to do it for
                  compelling content such as this!

                  Just a thought: can't some of the Flash players parse an equirectangular? If so, why not use
                  them with the images on Flickr? I know Denis of FlashPanorama has an ER to cube converter
                  (cylConverter.swf) that can do the conversion on the fly. It adds some time for the
                  conversion by the user's computer and is maybe a little lower resolution than if you use cube
                  faces. Still, couldn't that be used somehow with Flickr?

                  John