Re: Pano Pole

  • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 30, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger D. Williams" <roger@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi, Rodrigo,
      >
      > Great panoramas! I was surprised that for the earlier ones you
      were using six photos at 60 degrees with the Tokina 10-18mm fisheye,
      but EIGHT photos at 45 degrees with the Peleng 8mm FE with the pole.
      >I got away with using four at 90 degrees when I was using my Peleng
      >(but that was full-frame and film).
      >
      >Is that to do with using the pole, i.e., that there are errors
      >that require you to use more overlap?
      >
      > Roger W.

      Hi Roger,

      Thnaks, I am glad you like those panos. The reason for using 8 shots
      with the Peleng is that I wanted to use the middle of the lens which
      is at it sharpest; you can see the diference between two Peleng
      panos one with 8 shots and one with 6 shots if you look at my
      submition to the WWpano under transport, this panorama was also
      taken with the Peleng but only 6 shots, the diference is remarkable.

      The Tokina lens is in another league, it is a really sharp lens as
      you can see from tha panos that I posted on my Barcelona webpage,
      all those marked "New". With the Tokina at 10mm f11, I also need 8
      shots 6 around plus 1 Zenith and 1 Nadir.

      Kind regards,

      Rodrigo