Pano Pole

  • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 29, 2007
      Dear Friends,

      Finally took the plunge and adapted a painters pole which can reach a
      hight of 5 mtrs, to be able to take pano poles using the Canon 350D
      and the Peleng 8mm lens.
      You can see the result here at
      http://www.alarcon.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous.htm
      scroll down to the bottom of the page there you can see 2 pole
      panoramas Marina Parade Bridge and Marina Lake. Nothing really
      adventurous.... for now.

      kind regards,

      Rodrigo
    • Aaron
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 29, 2007
        Rodrigo, good work. nice job hiding your shadow Marine Parade Bridge ;-)

        <http://aaronbaileyphotography.com/> AaronBaileyPhotography.com

        <http://www.Gainesville360.com> Gainesville360.com

        (352) 283-4674

        _____

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 29, 2007
          Hi Rodrigo,

          Nice pole pano's. Do you need to shoot a nadir to patch in with the
          Peleng? You have managed nice clean Nadir's . What sort of Pano head do
          you use on top of the pole? Also do you have to use a bubble level at
          that height to keep it roughly in the same place a s you turn ?

          Vivek
        • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 29, 2007
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron" <aagnv@...> wrote:

            > Rodrigo, good work. nice job hiding your shadow Marine Parade
            Bridge ;-)

            Hi Aaron,

            Thanks for your comment. Yes, LLLOOLL, it took quite a large amount of
            ink, CS3 worked overtime, to hide my shadow.

            kind regards,

            Rodrigo
          • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 29, 2007
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Vivek Dev Burman <vdb123@...>
              wrote:

              > Hi Rodrigo,
              >
              > Nice pole pano's. .

              Hi Vivek,

              Thanks for your comment.

              >Do you need to shoot a nadir to patch in with the
              > Peleng? You have managed nice clean Nadir's

              No, with the Peleng the hole to patch is really small so it can be
              done in CS3. The Nadir is more of a problem specially if you get
              dificult paterns, like wooden slath.

              >What sort of Pano head do you use on top of the pole?

              The Nodal Ninja3.

              >Also do you have to use a bubble level at that height to keep it
              >roughly in the same place a s you turn ?

              I use a hotshoe spirit level in the flash hotshoe which is in the
              camera, and just keep an eye on it for leveleness. It really help if
              you have done some work using a monopod.

              kind regards,

              Rodrigo
            • Roger D. Williams
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 29, 2007
                On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 18:37:06 +0900, Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
                <alarcon@...> wrote:

                > Dear Friends,
                >
                > Finally took the plunge and adapted a painters pole which can reach a
                > hight of 5 mtrs, to be able to take pano poles using the Canon 350D
                > and the Peleng 8mm lens.
                > You can see the result here at
                > http://www.alarcon.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous.htm
                > scroll down to the bottom of the page there you can see 2 pole
                > panoramas Marina Parade Bridge and Marina Lake. Nothing really
                > adventurous.... for now.

                Hi, Rodrigo,

                Great panoramas! I was surprised that for the earlier ones you were using
                six photos at 60 degrees with the Tokina 10-18mm fisheye, but EIGHT photos
                at 45 degrees with the Peleng 8mm FE with the pole. I got away with using
                four at 90 degrees when I was using my Peleng (but that was full-frame
                and film).

                Is that to do with using the pole, i.e., that there are errors that require
                you to use more overlap?

                Roger W.

                --
                Work: www.adex-japan.com
                Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 30, 2007
                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Roger D. Williams" <roger@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Hi, Rodrigo,
                  >
                  > Great panoramas! I was surprised that for the earlier ones you
                  were using six photos at 60 degrees with the Tokina 10-18mm fisheye,
                  but EIGHT photos at 45 degrees with the Peleng 8mm FE with the pole.
                  >I got away with using four at 90 degrees when I was using my Peleng
                  >(but that was full-frame and film).
                  >
                  >Is that to do with using the pole, i.e., that there are errors
                  >that require you to use more overlap?
                  >
                  > Roger W.

                  Hi Roger,

                  Thnaks, I am glad you like those panos. The reason for using 8 shots
                  with the Peleng is that I wanted to use the middle of the lens which
                  is at it sharpest; you can see the diference between two Peleng
                  panos one with 8 shots and one with 6 shots if you look at my
                  submition to the WWpano under transport, this panorama was also
                  taken with the Peleng but only 6 shots, the diference is remarkable.

                  The Tokina lens is in another league, it is a really sharp lens as
                  you can see from tha panos that I posted on my Barcelona webpage,
                  all those marked "New". With the Tokina at 10mm f11, I also need 8
                  shots 6 around plus 1 Zenith and 1 Nadir.

                  Kind regards,

                  Rodrigo