Re: Amber Fort Tour

  • Roger Berry
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 29, 2007
      Hi Carel,
      I had been thinking of changing the hotspots so they where all on
      when you enter the pano and then you can turn them off if you like.
      Also been planning on trying to add some code to the MP3 so that the
      sound is low and you can turn it up as you like. My xml is all in
      separate files, because at the time I didn't know you could put them
      all in one file.
      In time I plan to set up a map but that's just one more thing I need
      to learn how to do.

      On the high quality panos I save each cube face separate using CS3,
      but on these I saved them on the high side for very good quality so
      that anyone who wants to change over to HQ gets a much better view.

      When I go back to India this time I will do some panos inside a few
      forts along with a few other places that I think will be good.

      Thanks,
      Roger Berry

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Carel <cs@...> wrote:

      > Hi Roger,
      >
      > Always a pleasure to look at your India panos. This tour is coming
      together
      > beautifully! A few remarks:
      >
      > With the smaller version of the panos some of the hotspots are
      very hard to
      > see. When viewing the panos in full screen the thumbnails are more
      visible,
      > but even so, I could not find my way out of the elephant stables
      and had to
      > start over (this was also because I did not realize that one has
      to turn the
      > hotspots on for each pano searately). There are many people who
      dont even
      > realize they can interact with a panorama. The percentage of
      people who are
      > comfortable with hotspots must be even smaller. So maybe add
      thumbnails or
      > text links at the bottom...? With this particular tour, a little
      map would
      > also be great. Any panos upcoming from the inside of the fort, for
      instance
      > the room with mirror mosaics?
      >
      > How do you compress your flash panos? 2.5MB for 1600x1600 cube
      faces seems a
      > bit high. It helps to compress the nadir the most drastically and
      the sky to
      > a level just above where it starts to show banding. Pano2vr now
      allows
      > separate compression settings for the cubefaces. When using
      Flashpanoramas I