Fire! ...

  • Pat Swovelin
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 22, 2007
      This was earlier tonight 2 miles from my home (and is still happening as
      I write this).
      http://lookineverydirection.com/panoramas/canyon_country/index.html

      I sure wouldn't want to be a firefighter in these terrible conditions.
      Good luck to you all.

      Pat Swovelin
      Cool Guy @ Large
    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 22, 2007
        On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:51:53 +0900, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...>
        wrote:

        > This was earlier tonight 2 miles from my home (and is still happening as
        > I write this).
        > http://lookineverydirection.com/panoramas/canyon_country/index.html
        >
        > I sure wouldn't want to be a firefighter in these terrible conditions.
        > Good luck to you all.

        But BOY aren't you glad they are willing to do their dangerous and
        difficult
        thing? My father was a firefighter in the Second World War, and wherever
        the
        bombs fell, there he would be in the middle of it. I've always admired
        firefighters ever since.

        The very best of luck to you and yours... I'll be praying the wind doesn't
        bring it any closer to YOUR home.

        Roger W.

        --
        Work: www.adex-japan.com
        Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 22, 2007
          On 22 Oct 2007, at 10:30, Roger D. Williams wrote:

          > The very best of luck to you and yours... I'll be praying the wind
          > doesn't
          > bring it any closer to YOUR home.

          Seconded!

          Ian
        • Pat Swovelin
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 22, 2007
            On 10/22/2007 2:30 AM, Roger D. Williams rambled on about ...:
            > On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 17:51:53 +0900, Pat Swovelin <Panoramas@...>
            > wrote:
            >
            >> This was earlier tonight 2 miles from my home (and is still happening as
            >> I write this).
            >> http://lookineverydirection.com/panoramas/canyon_country/index.html
            >>
            >> I sure wouldn't want to be a firefighter in these terrible conditions.
            >> Good luck to you all.
            >
            > But BOY aren't you glad they are willing to do their dangerous and
            > difficult
            > thing? My father was a firefighter in the Second World War, and wherever
            > the
            > bombs fell, there he would be in the middle of it. I've always admired
            > firefighters ever since.
            >
            > The very best of luck to you and yours... I'll be praying the wind doesn't
            > bring it any closer to YOUR home.

            Thanks! For the moment we appear to be safe as it's blowing parallel
            with us (I still can't smell smoke).

            > Roger W.

            Pat Swovelin
            Cool Guy @ Large
          • Georgia Real Tours
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 27, 2007
              Hi Pat,

              How have you fared? Undoubtedly, everyone here is hoping for the
              best! You said the fire was contained, though the last four days
              since that post things have been chaotic.

              My parents both live in SoCal, and I lived my entire childhood in
              Orange County. Needless to say even here in Georgia I've been quite
              nervous this week.

              Thank you for the panos of the fire. It helps put this into another
              perspective (literally).

              Cheers,
              Robert Reese~