Re: [PanoToolsNG] choosing the right tripod and head

  • Yuval Levy
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2007
      Sacha Griffin wrote:
      > I have the 488rc2 and it works great. It has a bubble level which I find
      > invaluable when not shooting panoramas.

      I love my 486rc2. I have attached the quick release plate to both my
      Canon body (the anti-twist one
      <http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/216480-REG/Bogen_Manfrotto_3157ANR_RC2_Anti_Twist_Quick_Release.html>)
      and my Agnos Mrotator, so that I can quickly switch between shooting
      panos and shooting stills from the tripod - it's faster than switching
      lenses. My 486rc2 does not have a bubble level, but I have added one
      (just a plate that goes on the 3/8 thread between the ball and the
      socket). I mostly do not level when shooting panoramas because I prefer
      to use vertical control points for proper leveling when rendering. I
      will level when verticals are not available to set control points. I
      have found no disdavantage at operating my modified, lighter Agnos
      MrotatorCP on top of my 486rc2.

      Yuv