New Panoramas

  • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 14, 2007
      Dear Friends,

      Just a short note to say that I have uploaded on to my website
      http://www.360panoview.co.uk some new panoramas that I took during my
      holidays in Barcelona and a couple of panoramas from Manchester. Once
      you are on my home page click either Barcelona or Manchester, I hope
      you enjoy them and any comments would be apreciated.

      kind regards,

      Rodrigo
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 15, 2007
        Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock-2 wrote:

        > Just a short note to say that I have uploaded on to my website
        > http://www.360panoview.co.uk some new panoramas that I took during my
        > holidays in Barcelona and a couple of panoramas from Manchester. Once
        > you are on my home page click either Barcelona or Manchester, I hope
        > you enjoy them and any comments would be apreciated.

        Nice, but the window is too small in some cases - without the possibility to
        resize it (which is completely unnecessary in this case). F.e. Sagrada
        Familia No. 12 and 13 the text exceeds the page. No. 1 and No. 17 are not
        found. Most sphericals suffer from some seaming problems in the sky...

        best regards

      • erik leeman
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 15, 2007
          Other than that I very much HATE those commercial pop-ups.
          I NEVER visit sites with those more than once, sorry 'bout that.

          Regards,

          erik leeman

          (www.erikleeman.com)
        • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 15, 2007
            Hi Erik,

            Thank you very much for browsing the new pano in my webpage.

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Erik Krause <erik.krause@...>
            wrote:

            > Nice, but the window is too small in some cases - without the
            possibility to resize it (which is completely unnecessary in this
            case). F.e. Sagrada Familia No. 12 and 13 the text exceeds the page.

            Yes, I have to do something with this 2 panos like remaking them,
            they wereshot with the Nikon 8400 and the FC-E8 fisheye adaptor.

            >No. 1 and No. 17 are not found.

            Humm, Dave Albright had the same peoblem , but then it loaded no
            problem, will check the html code.

            >Most sphericals suffer from some seaming problems in the sky...
            Any in particular?

            kind regards

            Rodrigo
          • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 15, 2007
              Hi Erik,

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "erik leeman" <erik.leeman@...>
              wrote:

              > Other than that I very much HATE those commercial pop-ups.
              > I NEVER visit sites with those more than once, sorry 'bout that.

              Yes, it is driving me bonkers as well, I think it is to do with the
              Satistics site that I am using, it is free, that may be the reason for
              all the free garbage. I am going to have to get reed of it, and find
              one that doesn't send stupid adverts, any ideas?

              kind regards,

              Rodrigo
            • erik leeman
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 15, 2007
                You could try Google Analytics.
                It doesn't give you too much information and it does not seem to be
                100% reliable, but at least it won't irritate your visitors.
                If you want better statistics you'll just have to pay for them I guess.

                Regards,

                erik leeman

                (www.erikleeman.com)
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 15, 2007
                  Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock-2 wrote:

                  >> Nice, but the window is too small in some cases - without the
                  > possibility to resize it (which is completely unnecessary in this
                  > case). F.e. Sagrada Familia No. 12 and 13 the text exceeds the page.
                  >
                  > Yes, I have to do something with this 2 panos like remaking them,
                  > they wereshot with the Nikon 8400 and the FC-E8 fisheye adaptor.

                  It would be simple to allow scrolling and/or resizing the window. It's the
                  text that exceeds the page, not the pano...

                  >No. 1 and No. 17 are not found.

                  Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock-2 wrote:

                  > Humm, Dave Albright had the same peoblem , but then it loaded no
                  > problem, will check the html code.

                  Sorry, I forgot to mention: It's the links from the map!

                  Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock-2 wrote:

                  >>Most sphericals suffer from some seaming problems in the sky...
                  > Any in particular?

                  No. 12 shows seams if you look up to the zenith, but No. 13 and 16 f.e. have
                  an irregularity in the zenith, too.

                  best regards
                  Erik
                • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 15, 2007
                    Hi Erik,

                    wrote:
                    > It would be simple to allow scrolling and/or resizing the window.
                    It's the text that exceeds the page, not the pano...

                    Thanks, will look into that maybe increase the size of the window to
                    accomodate the text.

                    > >No. 1 and No. 17 are not found.
                    > Sorry, I forgot to mention: It's the links from the map!

                    Yes I need to create a hyperlink on the map for the new panos

                    >Most sphericals suffer from some seaming problems in the sky...
                    > No. 12 shows seams if you look up to the zenith, but No. 13 and 16
                    f.e. have an irregularity in the zenith, too.

                    Aha, those are the ones taken with the FC-E8 fisheye adaptor using
                    the Nikon 8400. All new panos have been taken with the Canon350D and
                    the Tokina @10mm f11

                    Hopefully on my next visit to Barcelona will re-take them, with the
                    new equipment.

                    Thanks very much Erik for tkaen time to have a second look and your
                    comments.

                    kind regards,

                    Rodrigo
                  • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 1, 2008
                      Dear All,

                      First that all please let me whish you all a very Happy New Year and to
                      invite you to take a stroll and admire some of the beautifull building
                      there are in Florence, Italy.
                      I have posted 4 new panoramas on my website
                      http://www.360panoview.co.uk please click on the Florence link button
                      on the left hand side.
                      Any comments will be appreciated, kind regards,

                      Rodrigo
                    • Dave 360texas.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 1, 2008
                        Hello Rodrigo, What can I say but they are sharp, clean, best use
                        of color on a rainy day ! The Tokina certainly performs well at
                        full screen. Post processing skill appears to be right on point.

                        You might consider creating a second display platform - Flash.
                        There are some Flash version 9 processing software that are just now
                        maturing and becoming equal full screen quality as qtvr.

                        f.e. Pano2VR and pano2qtvr and others

                        Your work has evolved over last 4 years to Excellent in my opinion.

                        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock"
                        <alarcon@...> wrote:

                        > Dear All,
                        >
                        > First that all please let me whish you all a very Happy New Year
                        and to
                        > invite you to take a stroll and admire some of the beautifull
                        building
                        > there are in Florence, Italy.
                        > I have posted 4 new panoramas on my website
                        > http://www.360panoview.co.uk please click on the Florence link
                        button
                        > on the left hand side.
                        > Any comments will be appreciated, kind regards,
                        >
                        > Rodrigo

                      • tkrajina
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 2, 2008
                          <alarcon@...> wrote:
                          > Just a short note to say that I have uploaded on to my website
                          > http://www.360panoview.co.uk some new panoramas that I took during my
                          > holidays in Barcelona and a couple of panoramas from Manchester. Once
                          > you are on my home page click either Barcelona or Manchester, I hope
                          > you enjoy them and any comments would be apreciated.

                          Your panorama are very nice.

                          There is just one small error I found. On the page "Antonio Gaudí i
                          Cornet" there is a link to "La Sagrada Familia.". But, when I click on
                          it I get an error: "PWP - 404 Error This Page Cannot Be Found".

                          Greetings,
                          Tomo Krajina

                          --
                          www.panoye.com :: virtual tour
                        • Moore, Dave M (UK Rochester)
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 2, 2008
                            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
                            <mailto:PanoToolsNG%40yahoogroups.com> , "Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock"
                            <alarcon@...> wrote:
                            > Just a short note to say that I have uploaded on to my website
                            > http://www.360panoview.co.uk <http://www.360panoview.co.uk> some new
                            panoramas that I took during my
                            > holidays in Barcelona and a couple of panoramas from Manchester. Once
                            > you are on my home page click either Barcelona or Manchester, I hope
                            > you enjoy them and any comments would be apreciated.

                            They are great. Can you please tell me what camera, lens and mounting
                            combination you use?. I've been thinking about getting into this mainly
                            to do panaramas of landscapes as I like a bit of dramatic mountainous
                            scenery. I have access to a Canon D30 but would need to get a decent
                            lens and mounting presumably.

                            Regards,
                            Dave

                          • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 3, 2008
                              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Moore, Dave M (UK Rochester)"
                              <dave.m.moore@...> wrote:

                              > They are great. Can you please tell me what camera, lens and mounting
                              > combination you use?.

                              Hi Dave,

                              I have a Canon 350D which I use with the Tokina 10-17mm lens mounted
                              on the Nodal Nija 5 panoramic head, sometimes I use a tripod, but
                              mainly I use a monopod.

                              kind regards,

                              Rodrigo
                            • Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 19, 2008
                                Dear All,

                                I have added 2 new panoramas to my Florence web page. They are the
                                inside of the Batistero, it is hand held as no tripod or monopods are
                                allow inside, it show the magnificent Painted ceiling, I have also
                                included a panoramic view of the Chianti countryside taken somewhere
                                between Florence and Siena.

                                http://www.alarcon.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Florence/Florence.htm

                                kind regards,

                                Rodrigo