Re: Does Hugin have the same possibility of viewpoint correction than the new Ptgui?

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2007
      On Friday, October 12, 2007 at 10:41, Benjamin Bouville wrote:

      > Few days ago, I tried the new Ptgui tool : "viewpoint correction" ->
      > It's a fantastic feature to stitch panorama with a single hand-held
      > nadir.
      >
      > Does Hugin have the same possibility of viewpoint correction than the
      > new 7.3 release of Ptgui?

      No, as far as I know. But you can work around that, at least for flat
      floors with tiles. PTGui viewpoint correction does a perspective
      correction on the nadir image more or less the same like outlined in
      http://wiki.panotools.org/Perspective_correction

      Hence your nadir shot should be first corrected for lens distortion,
      eventually remapped to rectilinear and perspective corrected. You do
      this by setting vertical and horizontal line control points along the
      tiles - much the same as if you wanted to perspective correct like in
      the above wiki link or
      http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/architectural/en.shtml
      Crop the result image in order to cover the whole nadir area.

      This corrected image you can stitch into your ready stitched panorama
      with a different lens setting (rectilinear) of course and allowing
      for individual optimization of FoV, yaw, roll, pitch and eventually
      shift.

      This works very well with the sample images from the PTGui viewpoint
      tutorial. However, the image quality for the nadir image suffers from
      the two extreme remappings. PTGui does that in one step...

      best regards