Re: Mathew_[PanoToolsNG] Painful purchase decision

  • Georgian Rusu
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 7, 2007
      Hello Mathew!

      The price of the lens concerns me less as about the quality and that is meeting my needs and fits on XTi. I tend to be too careful and that's delaying my acquisition. If price wouldn't be an issue for me, I'd go for the 5D and the 15mm.
      But for now I can't get any higher then XTi, although I think that is a big step for me as it will be my first DSLR.

      Best regards,
      Laurentiu

      http://www.vrbrasov.ro

      Mathew Hargreaves <mathewdh@...> wrote: Hi Ruso,

      I have a Canon 300D. After tiring of the color issues with the
      original kit lense, I chose to buy a Canon 24-70 F2.8 wide-angle for the
      camera. By purchasing a pro lense I can upgrade the body and still use
      that lense for a full frame sensor model. Canon is making lenses
      designed to fit only the small sensor DSLR cameras but these cannot fit
      the large sensor bodies if you do an upgrade. Be very careful about
      which lense type you are buying.
      My recommendation is the buy the Canon F2.8 lense with their best
      glass. But make sure it is not a version that only fits the smaller
      sensor models. The lense is an expensive purchase. So buying a pro lense
      allows you to use it on any model Canon DSLR.

      CHEERS...Mathew