[PanoToolsNG] Re: Olympus 4/3rds e-510 ok? why not stick with your nikon?

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2007
      Sometime around 4/10/07 (at 12:27 +0000) kkcwiebe said:

      >I think I will buy a new Nikon or canon (probably nikon) and get a
      >quality lens. I do not have deep pockets ($$$) but willing to shell
      >out for what is best. The 10.5 from Nikon is a good choice for panos
      >as far as I have read but who knows after responses;)

      :-)

      I find the Nikon body's grip design is easier on the hand than the
      Canon's; a little bit less cramped. But it depends on your hand size.
      Try both and imagine standing around holding the camera in your right
      hand, ready to use. For me, it makes a difference.

      Also, I do struggle to understand how people can pay so much for
      lenses and accept using them in total manual mode. That is, I
      believe, what you'd be faced with if you teamed a Canon body with the
      Nikkor 10.5mm lens. Of course, there are other lens options. But that
      one's excellent.

      You need to take a couple more shots around with the 10.5mm than with
      the Sigma 8mm, but the optical quality of the lens is generally
      considered to be better. And you'll end up with a slightly higher
      resolution final result as well.

      You may want to consider the Fuji S5Pro as an alternative to the
      D200, as it uses the D200 body but delivers a better dynamic range
      than most. I chose that, and I've been very happy with it. Well,
      apart from the Fuji software, which is worse than average for camera
      manufacturer application software! :-)
      But Bibble Pro and CS3 does it for me anyway.