Re: How to set a custom jpeg quality setting for preview track in Pano2QTVR?

  • dorindxn
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 4, 2007
      Thank you Hans, is very good idea and appropriate for you pano, BTW
      the pano is very good and I guess your reflexion up in candellabre
      was left intentionally.

      Deppend on what pano invite te viewer to do, yours surelly call for
      looking at the details, in my example maybe the invitation is to pan,
      it will be nice if we will have total control for each tile both on
      quality and order do download.

      From my other tests Pano2QTVR has a problem when uses tiles, I've
      done some test with simple images contain only lines at high quality
      using tiles apper broken (at pixellsize) When not use tiles (mean sub-
      tiles) the lines aren't broken.
      So I've ceased to use the sub-tiles. Maybe the problem is solved in
      the new Pano2VR though.

      Thanks again , and extra thanks for allow us to look at those details
      in that magnificent place.

      Dorin

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dorindxn" <Dorin@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Thank you Hans and Fiero,
      > >
      > > I need this for .mov at 12000x6000 when, at 1:2 resolution, the
      > > preview track become a pano 6000x3000 itself so it must be
      noticed a
      > > change in file if the quality is changed from 20 to 90, maybe
      that
      > > param is ignored by the compressor, still the log at the console
      is
      > > different and look like working.
      > >
      > > I managed to use the default 20 in this test pano 12000x6000
      > > http://www.dxn.ro/wedding_salas.html (23 MB, 1 MB of it is audio)
      > > where the resolution of preview track is 1:1 at 20 quality, I
      would
      > > like to have 1:2 at 80 or so to load the preview pano in first 3-
      4 MB

      > I do not believe you win anything by doing this.
      > It just means that the high resolution will not start to download
      until you have loaded all
      > the preview tiles.
      > It is much better to choose more tiles for example 5x5 and no
      preview at all. Direct the
      > initial view at an interresting area and people wil get something
      to see in a few seconds to
      > keep the interest.
      > See here what I mean:
      > This is a 5920x5920 pixels cubefaces. Panorama was 20000x10000
      >
      > 23 mb download
      > http://www.panoramas.dk/big/fullscreen1.html
      >
      > Hans

    • Thomas Rauscher
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 5, 2007
        Hello, on 04.10.2007 16:32 Uhr fierodeval said the following:
        > Hi Dorin,
        >
        > If I change preview.quality value in .PQP file, the quality is always
        > the same, no changes. I use ExtractJpeg program
        > http://webuser.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch/ to extract files from MOV and
        > JPEGsnoop to see quantization tables (DQT marker into Jpeg file)
        > http://www.impulseadventure.com/photo/jpeg-snoop.html

        Ok I found the problem. The reason is that by default the QTVR Flattener
        is active and this QuickTime component creates its own preview track and
        overwrites the track created by Pano2QTVR. You can disable the QTVR
        flattener with the "Optimization - Rearrange Tiles" checkbox.

        --
        MfG,
        Thomas