Re: [PanoToolsNG] What price to ask for aerial pano for advert agency???

  • Georgia Real Tours
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 4, 2007
      On 10/3/07, Yiorgos Teo <bravojeffe@...> wrote:

      > A large advertising agency in the UK contacted me about
      > getting exclusive worldwide rights to one of my
      > aerial panos:
      > http://www.vgreece.com/index.php?entry=entry060902-063553
      >
      > Anyone know how much they sell for? I have no idea how much
      > to ask for it. They want to use it for an ad campaign for an
      > automotive manufacturer.

      The previous posters suggested finding out what exact uses they are
      planning and I'd make a very, very specific contract for those needs.
      I'd recommend a legal expert to help you, particularly one that
      specializes in copyright law, especially in relation to the EU.
      They'll wait. Really. I think you'll find the legal expert well
      worth the price; the people you're dealing with at the ad agency, or
      will in the very near future, are lawyers. Guaranteed.

      Additionally, I'd recommend also you try to limit the time they are
      allotted a *license* to use your work and NOT turn over copyright.
      And under no circumstance should they be allowed to prevent you from
      being able to use this in your portfolio should other opportunities
      arise, nor be prohibited from using it in a gallery or similar
      setting.

      Honestly, the best advice I can give you is to hire an attorney,
      especially one willing to work for a percentage of the take. ;c)

      Best of luck!

      Robert~

      --
      Mid GA: 478-599-1300
      ATL: 678-438-6955
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 4, 2007
        Yiorgos

        The poster below is giving the best advise!

        cheers

        Chris Thomas

        Photographer

        cell... 403-615-1212

        In North America

        call... 1-800-870-5110

        [Chris Thomas] snip

        Honestly, the best advice I can give you is to hire an attorney,
        especially one willing to work for a percentage of the take. ;c)

        Best of luck!

        Robert~

        --
        Mid GA: 478-599-1300
        ATL: 678-438-6955
        garealtours.com

        snip.

        d=13328/stime=1191514323/nc1=3848644/nc2=4025321/nc3=4936875>

      • Yiorgos Teo
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 4, 2007
          Thank you all for your input, it was very enlightning.

          At this point, the ad agency is presenting various proposals
          to their client. In case they choose one of the proposals
          that involve use of my pano, I think I'll take the advice
          offered about hiring an attorney to deal with it.
          It'll be a kick if it does happen.

          Yiorgos
          www.vgreece.com
        • Georgia Real Tours
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 5, 2007
            On 10/5/07, Yiorgos Teo <bravojeffe@...> wrote:

            > Thank you all for your input, it was very enlightning.
            >
            > At this point, the ad agency is presenting various proposals
            > to their client. In case they choose one of the proposals
            > that involve use of my pano, I think I'll take the advice
            > offered about hiring an attorney to deal with it.
            > It'll be a kick if it does happen.

            I think I speak for all of us here in that you have us all pulling for
            you! ;c) And obviously, we're proud for you too. :c)

            Qapla'!
            Robert~

            --
            Mid GA: 478-599-1300