Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: PanoToolsNG on gmane
- --- Carel Struycken <cs@...> wrote:
> In the US at least, Nabble works a LOT faster thanThat's the web interface. I dislike web interfaces. I
don't know if Nabble has an NNTP interface, but this
is the way I use gmane:
- Menu > File > New > Account...
- select Newsgroup account in the radio box and click
- enter your name and email address (those that you
use as a subscriber of the group) and click next
- enter news.gmane.org as news server and click next
- give the account a name meaningful to you and click
- click finish
then in the main firefox window
- rightclick on the newly created account
- select Subscribe... in the context menu
- search for the group you want to read
this will download the message to your machine - much
faster than any web based interface.
you will read and reply with the interface you are
used from emails. this also works with other modern
mail client that integrate a news reader such as
> So for people on this side of the pond like Yuv,unless I am missing it completely, I have not seen any
> Nabble seems to be a better choice.
NNTP access to nabble. No matter how fast it is, no
current web based interface will match the convenience
of a local newsreader application. I can mark entire
threads as read (when they are uninteresting) or flag
them as important when there is something I want to
learn and I do not have the time. And it keeps track
for me of which messages I read and which not. Just
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around