Re: Panorama people in Vancouver Island?

  • Andrew G
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007
      Sorry about that, it's not clear to us either where we'll be moving
      to :-)

      We were thinking of somewhere on the mainland first near Vancouver to
      stand a better chance of getting work and then will check out
      Vancouver Island during the first 6 months and weigh up the benefits.

      It's a bit early now but I would be more than happy to come over to
      the island for a panorama meeting. Can I bring my Pentax K1000!

      Andrew

      > It is not clear if you are moving to Vancouver of Vancouver Island.
      >
      > I don't know if there is anybody else in this list living in
      Victoria.
      > But sure, we can always plan a day of pano shooting. Is there
      interest
      > in having such a day out?
      >
      > I am in Paris for the next 10 days but we could aim for a day in the
      > second half of Oct.
      >
      > --daniel

    • Bill Acosta
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007
        Hi Uri,
        I am not an organizer too, but I am willing to learn ho to put this events together.
        The key here is, how many people are willing to come to the West Coast. Lets entertain this thought!

        Any comments?
        Bill

        uri-cogan <uri@...> wrote: --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bill Acosta <tazu1000@...> wrote:

        > My Name is Guillermo(Bill) Acosta and Yes I live here in Victoria,
        BC, Canada (Vancouver Island). There are a few pano lovers who are
        professional photographers, enthusiast and hobbies (like myself) is
        just matter of them stepping out.

        I live on Salt Spring Island, between Vancouver (the city) and
        Vancouver Island (Victoria).

        A West Coast gathering? nice idea, but I'm no organizer. Meanwhile
        I'll be happy to meet with other panographers who live or are visiting
        our area.

      • James Scancella
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 4, 2007
          Andrew, Daniel,
          If we are taking votes as to where to meet, I would vote for
          Victoria, it is smaller than Vancouver and easy to get around, with
          plenty of great places to meet and many places that would look great
          captured in a pano.
          Jim

          jim@...