Re: [PanoToolsNG] Help requested with publishing.

  • Milko Amorth
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 3, 2007
      Hi Willy.
      > Let me try again to walk you through with pleinpot:
      Great, i thought of you when trying to help him.
      Good that you do.
      Just read this when i had sent my response already..

      Cheers, Milko

      --
      Milko Amorth
      360° Immersive Imaging

      PhotoScrapbook at Flickr.com/photos/vrdundee
      Skype me @ vrdundee
      Member of IVRPA.org
    • hansart2002
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 4, 2007
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, panokaemena@... wrote:

        > Hans I just saw you have .mac / idisk
        >
        > OK then go to the finder to the GO menu GO - idisk- My idisk
        >
        > put that folder into the SITES folder of the idisk
        >
        > thats is it !!
        >
        > http://homepage.mac.com/hansio/NAME ( the NAME of that folder
        > created by pleinpot)
        >
        > Willy
        >

        > On Oct 3, 2007, at 15:01, panokaemena@... wrote:
        >
        > > Let me try again to walk you through with pleinpot:
        > >
        > > Start Pleinpot
        > > drag and drop your VR pano ( the XXXX.MOV file) onto pleinpot
        > > made the settings in pleinpot ( Fullscreen, text etc)
        > >
        > > Hit the EXPORT button
        > >
        > > Create a NEW folder from within the export window gave this folder a
        > > NAME ,THAT NAME will be later the address name of your website, so
        > > choose it carefully and avoid spaces or special characters.
        > >
        > > Hit the save button in the open export window.
        > >
        > > All files and htm will be created in that folder.
        > >
        > > NOW
        > >
        > > copy the complete folder to your webserver
        > >
        > > if the name of your webserver would be for example www.hansio.com
        > > then the address for that fullscreen pano would be:
        > > www.hansio.com/NAME ( if that folder would be on the root level of
        > > your webserver)
        > >
        > > (my webserver is the idisk of Apple, which appears on my desktop as
        > > it would be another drive !! = easy )
        > >
        > > Thats all
        > >
        > > Willy
        > >
        > > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FSPanos/Menu418.html
        > >
        > > On Oct 1, 2007, at 11:27, hansart2002 wrote:
        > >
        > > > Hello members of this group.
        > > > Let me introduce myself. I'm by origine a Dutch photographer and
        > > will
        > > > stay so. Since some time now we live in Hungary starting a new life
        > > > and also starting up a new business-life. Making images with a 20
        > > > meter tall mast is addictive and will be also our main goal here.
        > > > Since not to long we also make pano's with the mast.
        > > > Using PTQui Pro for the stitch and transfering them into QuickTime.
        > > > Also we have the programm Pleinpot and so we cann also make them
        > > > fullpage, but...... how the H do we publish those full pages?
        > > > Since photography came into my life, and that's about 40 years
        > > ago, I
        > > > had to learn and adapt...and now digital is not even any problem
        > > > anymore, but this publishing is still a thing that keeps me awake.
        > > > Have a look at my website and see some of the examples if you
        > > want but
        > > > please, do help me a little, please?
        > > >
        > > > The website is www.hansio.com
        > > >
        > > > Thanks for any critics and support......
        > > > Hans from Hungary.

        Hi guys,
        and specialy Willy,
        (NB, why is it that this whole pano-thing is mostly a men's thing)
        I did everything you adviced. Did put them in a folder, name correct
        and put it in/ on my idisk in the folder 'sites'. Can't find it,
        whatever I look around... gone.
        What oh what is wrong with this uploading of me?
        Please help me.... I feel like Goofy.

        Hanszio
      • panokaemena@mac.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 4, 2007
          OK you copies the whole Folder made with pleinpot to your sites
          folder on your idisk??

          OK then replace the NAME in the following address with that foldername

          > http://homepage.mac.com/hansio/NAME

          Question: do you maintain a local copy of idisk on your computer?
          which you have to synchronize? or are you simply mounting your idisk
          as a local drive as it would be another 10GB hard disk?

          Willy