Re: [PanoToolsNG] Help requested with publishing.

  • Hansio@hansio.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 3, 2007
      Citeren panokaemena@...:

      > Hans I just saw you have .mac / idisk
      >
      > OK then go to the finder to the GO menu GO - idisk- My idisk
      >
      > put that folder into the SITES folder of the idisk
      >
      > thats is it !!
      >
      > http://homepage.mac.com/hansio/NAME ( the NAME of that folder
      > created by pleinpot)
      >
      > Willy
      >

      > On Oct 3, 2007, at 15:01, panokaemena@... wrote:
      >
      > > Let me try again to walk you through with pleinpot:
      > >
      > > Start Pleinpot
      > > drag and drop your VR pano ( the XXXX.MOV file) onto pleinpot
      > > made the settings in pleinpot ( Fullscreen, text etc)
      > >
      > > Hit the EXPORT button
      > >
      > > Create a NEW folder from within the export window gave this folder a
      > > NAME ,THAT NAME will be later the address name of your website, so
      > > choose it carefully and avoid spaces or special characters.
      > >
      > > Hit the save button in the open export window.
      > >
      > > All files and htm will be created in that folder.
      > >
      > > NOW
      > >
      > > copy the complete folder to your webserver
      > >
      > > if the name of your webserver would be for example www.hansio.com
      > > then the address for that fullscreen pano would be:
      > > www.hansio.com/NAME ( if that folder would be on the root level of
      > > your webserver)
      > >
      > > (my webserver is the idisk of Apple, which appears on my desktop as
      > > it would be another drive !! = easy )
      > >
      > > Thats all
      > >
      > > Willy
      > >
      > > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FSPanos/Menu418.html
      > >
      > > On Oct 1, 2007, at 11:27, hansart2002 wrote:
      > >
      > > > Hello members of this group.
      > > > Let me introduce myself. I'm by origine a Dutch photographer and
      > > will
      > > > stay so. Since some time now we live in Hungary starting a new life
      > > > and also starting up a new business-life. Making images with a 20
      > > > meter tall mast is addictive and will be also our main goal here.
      > > > Since not to long we also make pano's with the mast.
      > > > Using PTQui Pro for the stitch and transfering them into QuickTime.
      > > > Also we have the programm Pleinpot and so we cann also make them
      > > > fullpage, but...... how the H do we publish those full pages?
      > > > Since photography came into my life, and that's about 40 years
      > > ago, I
      > > > had to learn and adapt...and now digital is not even any problem
      > > > anymore, but this publishing is still a thing that keeps me awake.
      > > > Have a look at my website and see some of the examples if you
      > > want but
      > > > please, do help me a little, please?
      > > >
      > > > The website is www.hansio.com
      > > >
      > > > Thanks for any critics and support......
      > > > Hans from Hungary.

      Hello Willy,
      thanks a lot for these intsructions. At the moment the idisk is synchronising
      and so that will take some time. Later I will give it a try if that works. I
      did put it in the folder my website and hope that's the one.
      I'm curious how you make those beautifull pages as you have there now.
      Is it ok with that I will give you a call someday to find out? I also can call
      by Skype so the price is not a big deal that way.
      I promise to call at a decent time.
      Greetings from Hungary.

      Hanszio
    • Milko Amorth
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 3, 2007
        Hi Hans,

        > Thanks for your quick answer but it does not ring any bell. That
        > yourmovie, is that a programm?
        No. Its just an example file, a movie you want to publish.

        > I seem to get lost this way.
        I will try to simplify it more.

        > I do publish my website via my pages at .mac and I can't get the
        > fullframes there despite the fact that evrone tells tat it 's so easy.
        > Can you give me a hint where to find info on this matter?
        I dont know the .mac editor. But it really does not matter. You just have
        to copy the directory to the ftp space where your other pages or files
        are. Thats your root domain. You hyperlink (to the pages for each format
        generated) from one of you existing pages like you do for your other
        location samples. The pages will come up as new windows.

        > By the way, did you look at my pano's, for example the vineyards?
        Yes. Vinyard and Zsohnay. Those seem to to have a remap and or projection
        problem, but that has nothing to do with the publishing of the pages.
        Those qtvrs are not confined to the space you target them for and are
        bigger than the page designed for and display only part in Firefox.

        > Oh, one other q. How do I publish in Java so that also window users
        > can see them?
        Well, its is included in the Pleinpot editor if you choose to add that to
        your preferences. You can do Quicktime, PanageaVR,PurePlayer(Java),Spi-V,
        Pano2Qtvr(Flash) and DevalVR all at the same time with one imput qtvr
        sample.
        For PurePlayer and Spi-V and Pano2qtvr you have to add additional files
        and applets to the directory manually.
        It is described on each panel in red on the bottom of that page of the
        preferences.

        Cheers, Milko

        --
        Milko Amorth
        360° Immersive Imaging

        PhotoScrapbook at Flickr.com/photos/vrdundee
        Skype me @ vrdundee
        Member of IVRPA.org
      • Milko Amorth
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 3, 2007
          Hi Willy.
          > Let me try again to walk you through with pleinpot:
          Great, i thought of you when trying to help him.
          Good that you do.
          Just read this when i had sent my response already..

          Cheers, Milko

          --
          Milko Amorth
          360° Immersive Imaging
          Photographic Virtual Reality
          VRCanada.ca
          604.561.5101

          PhotoScrapbook at Flickr.com/photos/vrdundee
          Skype me @ vrdundee
          Member of IVRPA.org
        • hansart2002
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 4, 2007
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, panokaemena@... wrote:

            > Hans I just saw you have .mac / idisk
            >
            > OK then go to the finder to the GO menu GO - idisk- My idisk
            >
            > put that folder into the SITES folder of the idisk
            >
            > thats is it !!
            >
            > http://homepage.mac.com/hansio/NAME ( the NAME of that folder
            > created by pleinpot)
            >
            > Willy
            >

            > On Oct 3, 2007, at 15:01, panokaemena@... wrote:
            >
            > > Let me try again to walk you through with pleinpot:
            > >
            > > Start Pleinpot
            > > drag and drop your VR pano ( the XXXX.MOV file) onto pleinpot
            > > made the settings in pleinpot ( Fullscreen, text etc)
            > >
            > > Hit the EXPORT button
            > >
            > > Create a NEW folder from within the export window gave this folder a
            > > NAME ,THAT NAME will be later the address name of your website, so
            > > choose it carefully and avoid spaces or special characters.
            > >
            > > Hit the save button in the open export window.
            > >
            > > All files and htm will be created in that folder.
            > >
            > > NOW
            > >
            > > copy the complete folder to your webserver
            > >
            > > if the name of your webserver would be for example www.hansio.com
            > > then the address for that fullscreen pano would be:
            > > www.hansio.com/NAME ( if that folder would be on the root level of
            > > your webserver)
            > >
            > > (my webserver is the idisk of Apple, which appears on my desktop as
            > > it would be another drive !! = easy )
            > >
            > > Thats all
            > >
            > > Willy
            > >
            > > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FSPanos/Menu418.html
            > >
            > > On Oct 1, 2007, at 11:27, hansart2002 wrote:
            > >
            > > > Hello members of this group.
            > > > Let me introduce myself. I'm by origine a Dutch photographer and
            > > will
            > > > stay so. Since some time now we live in Hungary starting a new life
            > > > and also starting up a new business-life. Making images with a 20
            > > > meter tall mast is addictive and will be also our main goal here.
            > > > Since not to long we also make pano's with the mast.
            > > > Using PTQui Pro for the stitch and transfering them into QuickTime.
            > > > Also we have the programm Pleinpot and so we cann also make them
            > > > fullpage, but...... how the H do we publish those full pages?
            > > > Since photography came into my life, and that's about 40 years
            > > ago, I
            > > > had to learn and adapt...and now digital is not even any problem
            > > > anymore, but this publishing is still a thing that keeps me awake.
            > > > Have a look at my website and see some of the examples if you
            > > want but
            > > > please, do help me a little, please?
            > > >
            > > > The website is www.hansio.com
            > > >
            > > > Thanks for any critics and support......
            > > > Hans from Hungary.

            Hi guys,
            and specialy Willy,
            (NB, why is it that this whole pano-thing is mostly a men's thing)
            I did everything you adviced. Did put them in a folder, name correct
            and put it in/ on my idisk in the folder 'sites'. Can't find it,
            whatever I look around... gone.
            What oh what is wrong with this uploading of me?
            Please help me.... I feel like Goofy.

            Hanszio
          • panokaemena@mac.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 4, 2007
              OK you copies the whole Folder made with pleinpot to your sites
              folder on your idisk??

              OK then replace the NAME in the following address with that foldername

              > http://homepage.mac.com/hansio/NAME

              Question: do you maintain a local copy of idisk on your computer?
              which you have to synchronize? or are you simply mounting your idisk
              as a local drive as it would be another 10GB hard disk?

              Willy