Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Panorama people in Vancouver Island?

  • Bill Acosta
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 2007
      Hi Andrew,

      My Name is Guillermo(Bill) Acosta and Yes I live here in Victoria, BC, Canada (Vancouver Island). There are a few pano lovers who are professional photographers, enthusiast and hobbies (like myself) is just matter of them stepping out.

      I could be of assistance in a limited way; nonetheless better than nothing.

      What are your plans?

      Guillermo(Bill) Acosta

      dmgalpha <dmgerman@...> wrote: --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew G"
      <conanthedestroya222@...> wrote:

      > Hi Daniel,
      >
      > I'm moving to Vancouver next year, May or June 1st (depending which
      > has the better weather!) Would love to attend a meeting if one is
      > organised through out the year
      >
      > I'm driving across from Kingston, Ontario and will be taking a 360
      > shot roughly every 200km to capture the scenery/terrain change. I'd
      > like to do it evey 100 km but my wife would probably throw the camera
      > out the window ;-)
      >
      > Andrew

      It is not clear if you are moving to Vancouver of Vancouver Island.

      I don't know if there is anybody else in this list living in Victoria.
      But sure, we can always plan a day of pano shooting. Is there interest
      in having such a day out?

      I am in Paris for the next 10 days but we could aim for a day in the
      second half of Oct.

      --daniel

    • uri-cogan
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 2, 2007
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bill Acosta <tazu1000@...> wrote:

        > My Name is Guillermo(Bill) Acosta and Yes I live here in Victoria,
        BC, Canada (Vancouver Island). There are a few pano lovers who are
        professional photographers, enthusiast and hobbies (like myself) is
        just matter of them stepping out.

        I live on Salt Spring Island, between Vancouver (the city) and
        Vancouver Island (Victoria).

        A West Coast gathering? nice idea, but I'm no organizer. Meanwhile
        I'll be happy to meet with other panographers who live or are visiting
        our area.
      • Andrew G
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007
          Sorry about that, it's not clear to us either where we'll be moving
          to :-)

          We were thinking of somewhere on the mainland first near Vancouver to
          stand a better chance of getting work and then will check out
          Vancouver Island during the first 6 months and weigh up the benefits.

          It's a bit early now but I would be more than happy to come over to
          the island for a panorama meeting. Can I bring my Pentax K1000!

          Andrew

          > It is not clear if you are moving to Vancouver of Vancouver Island.
          >
          > I don't know if there is anybody else in this list living in
          Victoria.
          > But sure, we can always plan a day of pano shooting. Is there
          interest
          > in having such a day out?
          >
          > I am in Paris for the next 10 days but we could aim for a day in the
          > second half of Oct.
          >
          > --daniel

        • Bill Acosta
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007
            Hi Uri,
            I am not an organizer too, but I am willing to learn ho to put this events together.
            The key here is, how many people are willing to come to the West Coast. Lets entertain this thought!

            Any comments?
            Bill

            uri-cogan <uri@...> wrote: --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bill Acosta <tazu1000@...> wrote:

            > My Name is Guillermo(Bill) Acosta and Yes I live here in Victoria,
            BC, Canada (Vancouver Island). There are a few pano lovers who are
            professional photographers, enthusiast and hobbies (like myself) is
            just matter of them stepping out.

            I live on Salt Spring Island, between Vancouver (the city) and
            Vancouver Island (Victoria).

            A West Coast gathering? nice idea, but I'm no organizer. Meanwhile
            I'll be happy to meet with other panographers who live or are visiting
            our area.

          • James Scancella
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 4, 2007
              Andrew, Daniel,
              If we are taking votes as to where to meet, I would vote for
              Victoria, it is smaller than Vancouver and easy to get around, with
              plenty of great places to meet and many places that would look great
              captured in a pano.
              Jim

              jim@...