Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Panorama Printing Services: c-prints are the way to go

  • Jook Leung
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2007
      I visited the BWAC show on Sunday to see Joregen's panoramas and here
      is a 360VR of one the his prints on exhibit. The 360 pano was taken
      during a dance performance.

      http://360vr.com/BWAC2007

      Jook

      On Oct 2, 2007, at 8:17 AM, Joergen Geerds wrote:

      > I print my panoramas as digital c-prints, skipping
      > over messy stuff like inkjets and such. you should
      > find a OCE lightjet or Lamda printer (up to 72 inch
      > wide) in almost every city that has a base for
      > professional photographers. NYC has at least 4 72inch
      > wide "printers" like this. but keep in mind that you
      > need really good files for those printers, since they
      > print with light at 300 dpi on photopaper.
      >
      > for mounting, i use nothing else but diasec: face
      > mounted photopaper against plexiglass, and backed by
      > dibond, alu or sintra. then they get a alu framework
      > in the back for hanging, and you are done.
      >
      > the process is probably the most expensive one, but
      > the nicest, longest lasting and valuable solution.
      >
      > my 96x40inch panoramas are hanging in redhook,
      > brooklyn right now, in case you wanna see. but you can
      > go to your nearest photo museum and should find all
      > the big&good stuff mounted in this fashion (like
      > andreas gursky and thomas struth).
      >
      > http://newyorkpanorama.com/2007/09/14/panoramas-at-the-bwac-art-
      > show-in-redhook/
      >
      > joergen
      >
      > --- Michael Asgian <michaelasgian@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Anyone has any exprience in printing panoramic
      > > images in very good quality somewhere? Something
      > > like you can see in galleries... I want to let
      > > someone do ths for me rather than buy the whole
      > > equipment and start test&errors.
      > >
      > > Size? As big as possible... 60x20 or even bigger.
      > >
      > > Any ideas?
      > >
      > > Thanks in advance

      > > removed]

      Jook Leung Photography
      360VR Images - 360 degree Panoramic photography
      Web: http://360vr.com
      E-mail: jook@...

    • Robert C. Fisher
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2007
        And who is peeking out from behind Joregen?

        On Oct 2, 2007, at 8:29 PM, Jook Leung wrote:

        > I visited the BWAC show on Sunday to see Joregen's panoramas and here
        > is a 360VR of one the his prints on exhibit. The 360 pano was taken
        > during a dance performance.

        Cheers
        Robert C. Fisher
        VR Photography/Cinematography
      • Milko Amorth
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2007
          Thank you Jook,

          > is a 360VR of one the his prints on exhibit. The 360 pano was taken
          > during a dance performance.

          That is a very nice intimate capture. A virtual vernissage. Excellent
          work, Jook.

          The pano installation looks awesome....it could pass as a real window with
          a view to the city, no doubt. Outstanding work, Joergen.

          GIGA pixel pano. That is how you bring million dollar views into a
          basement (or room) with no windows.

          I have enjoyed this.

          Cheers, Milko

          --
          Milko Amorth
          360° Immersive Imaging

          PhotoScrapbook at Flickr.com/photos/vrdundee
          Skype me @ vrdundee
          Member of IVRPA.org