Olympus 4/3rds e-510 ok for stitching 360 images?

  • kkcwiebe
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2007
      I'm looking for a camera to replace my existing older dslr (Nikon) and
      like the feel of the Olympus E-510. My appeal is not so much for
      shooting my panos but hiking and biking. The Olympus and it's lenses
      are so much smaller and they have an 8mm full frame fisheye for it. So
      I cannot afford 2 cameras and an opportunity to purchase a 510 at a
      super price appealed to me but then. . .

      I saw the images, they are much more square than the traditional 3:2
      from my older camera and I do not know how this affects stitching and
      creating spherical panos. Does anyone out there use this type of camera?
      Kevin
    • Larry Monteith

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 2, 2007
          kkcwiebe wrote:

          > I saw the images, they are much more square than the traditional 3:2
          > from my older camera and I do not know how this affects stitching and
          > creating spherical panos. Does anyone out there use this type of camera?
          > Kevin

          If I remember correctly, the square format does not give you a full 180
          degrees view from Z to N, so you would have to shoot two extra shots, which
          would work against a super lightweight Great lenses and great camera though.

          Carel

        • Fung Yu
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 3, 2007
            It's a nice camera with wide assortment of lenses...but I think
            the sensor size has a crop-factor of 2!?? The 8mm would be
            a 16mm equivalent.