Re: Precision required for nodal point?

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 2, 2007
      On Monday, October 01, 2007 at 17:04, Erik Krause wrote:

      > > > As always: It depends. If you have structures in the near forground
      > > > it should be more precise than if you shoot in wide open places. For
      > > > general use I'd say 3mm precision is enough. However, if you use a fisheye
      > > > lens the no-parallax-point moves anyway: http://tinyurl.com/94g7c (scroll
      > > > down to Results and look at the Graph)
      > >
      > > My widest lens (wide end of zoom) is 41 mm
      >
      > And which angle do you intend to rotate between shots? Meanwhile I've
      > added the formula to http://wiki.panotools.org/Parallax
      > Some more info and a neat diagram (someone volunteer?) is still
      > missing, but may be it helps...

      The wiki artikle (s.a.) is finished for the time being (diagram still
      missing). You should be able now to estimate what precision you need.
      Interesting thing that the parallax error in the finished panorama
      does not depend (directly) on the used focal length (only on the
      rotation angle between shots and the displacement of the no-parallax
      point).

      Please tell me if there are some errors, since I did the calculation
      all on my own ;-)

      best regards