Re: Panorama people in Vancouver Island?

  • dmgalpha
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew G"
      <conanthedestroya222@...> wrote:

      > Hi Daniel,
      >
      > I'm moving to Vancouver next year, May or June 1st (depending which
      > has the better weather!) Would love to attend a meeting if one is
      > organised through out the year
      >
      > I'm driving across from Kingston, Ontario and will be taking a 360
      > shot roughly every 200km to capture the scenery/terrain change. I'd
      > like to do it evey 100 km but my wife would probably throw the camera
      > out the window ;-)
      >
      > Andrew

      It is not clear if you are moving to Vancouver of Vancouver Island.

      I don't know if there is anybody else in this list living in Victoria.
      But sure, we can always plan a day of pano shooting. Is there interest
      in having such a day out?

      I am in Paris for the next 10 days but we could aim for a day in the
      second half of Oct.

      --daniel
    • Bill Acosta
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 2, 2007
        Hi Andrew,

        My Name is Guillermo(Bill) Acosta and Yes I live here in Victoria, BC, Canada (Vancouver Island). There are a few pano lovers who are professional photographers, enthusiast and hobbies (like myself) is just matter of them stepping out.

        I could be of assistance in a limited way; nonetheless better than nothing.

        What are your plans?

        Guillermo(Bill) Acosta

        dmgalpha <dmgerman@...> wrote: --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew G"
        <conanthedestroya222@...> wrote:

        > Hi Daniel,
        >
        > I'm moving to Vancouver next year, May or June 1st (depending which
        > has the better weather!) Would love to attend a meeting if one is
        > organised through out the year
        >
        > I'm driving across from Kingston, Ontario and will be taking a 360
        > shot roughly every 200km to capture the scenery/terrain change. I'd
        > like to do it evey 100 km but my wife would probably throw the camera
        > out the window ;-)
        >
        > Andrew

        It is not clear if you are moving to Vancouver of Vancouver Island.

        I don't know if there is anybody else in this list living in Victoria.
        But sure, we can always plan a day of pano shooting. Is there interest
        in having such a day out?

        I am in Paris for the next 10 days but we could aim for a day in the
        second half of Oct.

        --daniel

      • uri-cogan
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 2, 2007
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bill Acosta <tazu1000@...> wrote:

          > My Name is Guillermo(Bill) Acosta and Yes I live here in Victoria,
          BC, Canada (Vancouver Island). There are a few pano lovers who are
          professional photographers, enthusiast and hobbies (like myself) is
          just matter of them stepping out.

          I live on Salt Spring Island, between Vancouver (the city) and
          Vancouver Island (Victoria).

          A West Coast gathering? nice idea, but I'm no organizer. Meanwhile
          I'll be happy to meet with other panographers who live or are visiting
          our area.
        • Andrew G
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007
            Sorry about that, it's not clear to us either where we'll be moving
            to :-)

            We were thinking of somewhere on the mainland first near Vancouver to
            stand a better chance of getting work and then will check out
            Vancouver Island during the first 6 months and weigh up the benefits.

            It's a bit early now but I would be more than happy to come over to
            the island for a panorama meeting. Can I bring my Pentax K1000!

            Andrew

            > It is not clear if you are moving to Vancouver of Vancouver Island.
            >
            > I don't know if there is anybody else in this list living in
            Victoria.
            > But sure, we can always plan a day of pano shooting. Is there
            interest
            > in having such a day out?
            >
            > I am in Paris for the next 10 days but we could aim for a day in the
            > second half of Oct.
            >
            > --daniel

          • Bill Acosta
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007
              Hi Uri,
              I am not an organizer too, but I am willing to learn ho to put this events together.
              The key here is, how many people are willing to come to the West Coast. Lets entertain this thought!

              Any comments?
              Bill

              uri-cogan <uri@...> wrote: --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bill Acosta <tazu1000@...> wrote:

              > My Name is Guillermo(Bill) Acosta and Yes I live here in Victoria,
              BC, Canada (Vancouver Island). There are a few pano lovers who are
              professional photographers, enthusiast and hobbies (like myself) is
              just matter of them stepping out.

              I live on Salt Spring Island, between Vancouver (the city) and
              Vancouver Island (Victoria).

              A West Coast gathering? nice idea, but I'm no organizer. Meanwhile
              I'll be happy to meet with other panographers who live or are visiting
              our area.

            • James Scancella
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 4, 2007
                Andrew, Daniel,
                If we are taking votes as to where to meet, I would vote for
                Victoria, it is smaller than Vancouver and easy to get around, with
                plenty of great places to meet and many places that would look great
                captured in a pano.
                Jim

                jim@...