Re: Help requested with publishing.

  • hansart2002
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 2, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Milko Amorth" <panotools@...> wrote:

      > Hi Hans,
      >
      > > Also we have the programm Pleinpot and so we cann also make them
      > > fullpage, but...... how the H do we publish those full pages?
      >
      > Pleinpot will export (almost) everything you need.
      > Once you have setup the pages in the preferences lets say for qt,
      devalVR
      > and spi-v.
      > You then import yourmovie.mov
      > adjust your settings and enter your captions and export.
      > The directory created will give you:
      > A folder dswmedia
      > A folder media
      > yourmovie.html (for quicktime)
      > yourmovie_Dv.html (for DevalVR)
      > yourmovie_SPi.html (for SPi-V )
      >
      > You then have to add the equirectangular yourmovie.jpg and SPi-V.dcr
      files
      > into the dswmedia folder manually.
      > Thats all you have to do to publish. Transfer the directory to your
      ftp
      > server and keep this stucture as is.
      > The media folder contains all the scripts and media files.
      > Now just hyperlink to your pages and a a new browser window or tab
      will
      > come up for each page you link to.
      >
      > Cheers, Milko
      >

      > --
      > Milko Amorth
      > 360° Immersive Imaging
      > Photographic Virtual Reality
      > VRCanada.ca
      > 604.561.5101
      >
      > PhotoScrapbook at Flickr.com/photos/vrdundee
      > Skype me @ vrdundee
      > Member of IVRPA.org
      > Contributor to the World Wide Panorama Project
      >Hi Milko,
      Thanks for your quick answer but it does not ring any bell. That
      yourmovie, is that a programm? I seem to get lost this way.
      I do publish my website via my pages at .mac and I can't get the
      fullframes there despite the fact that evrone tells tat it 's so easy.
      Can you give me a hint where to find info on this matter?
      I would be very greatfull.
      By the way, did you look at my pano's, for example the vineyards?

      Oh, one other q. How do I publish in Java so that also window users
      can see them?

      Bye from the other side of the big pond.
      Hans
    • Rodolpho Pajuaba
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 2, 2007
        yourmovie means exactly what it spells, your movie, i.e. the movie you
        just made and want to publish. It´s just that yourmovie is way smaller
        than "write here the name of the QTVR movie you want to publish".html,
        for instance.
        And Windows users can see practically every format you publish your
        movie, it only depends if they have the right plugin/program/whatever
        installed. And no, "whatever" is not a new program to view panos, is an
        expression to tell you to substitute by any other thing capable to view
        panos; it´s just that it´s smaller than... well you got the point.
        Regards,
        Rodolpho Pajuaba

        hansart2002 escreveu:

        > Thanks for your quick answer but it does not ring any bell. That
        > yourmovie, is that a programm? I seem to get lost this way.
        > I do publish my website via my pages at .mac and I can't get the
        > fullframes there despite the fact that evrone tells tat it 's so easy.
        > Can you give me a hint where to find info on this matter?
        > I would be very greatfull.
        > By the way, did you look at my pano's, for example the vineyards?
        >
        > Oh, one other q. How do I publish in Java so that also window users
        > can see them?
        >
        > Bye from the other side of the big pond.
        > Hans

      • hansart2002
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 3, 2007
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Milko Amorth" <panotools@...> wrote:

          > Hi Hans,
          >
          > > Also we have the programm Pleinpot and so we cann also make them
          > > fullpage, but...... how the H do we publish those full pages?
          >
          > Pleinpot will export (almost) everything you need.
          > Once you have setup the pages in the preferences lets say for qt,
          devalVR
          > and spi-v.
          > You then import yourmovie.mov
          > adjust your settings and enter your captions and export.
          > The directory created will give you:
          > A folder dswmedia
          > A folder media
          > yourmovie.html (for quicktime)
          > yourmovie_Dv.html (for DevalVR)
          > yourmovie_SPi.html (for SPi-V )
          >
          > You then have to add the equirectangular yourmovie.jpg and SPi-V.dcr
          files
          > into the dswmedia folder manually.
          > Thats all you have to do to publish. Transfer the directory to your
          ftp
          > server and keep this stucture as is.
          > The media folder contains all the scripts and media files.
          > Now just hyperlink to your pages and a a new browser window or tab
          will
          > come up for each page you link to.
          >
          > Cheers, Milko
          >

          > --
          > Milko Amorth
          > 360° Immersive Imaging
          > Photographic Virtual Reality
          > VRCanada.ca
          > 604.561.5101
          >
          > PhotoScrapbook at Flickr.com/photos/vrdundee
          > Skype me @ vrdundee
          > Member of IVRPA.org
          > Contributor to the World Wide Panorama Project
          >Hi Milko,
          I tried everything, but somewhere I get lost....
          Is it ok with you that at a decent time ( your time) I call you to
          walk through the procedure?
        • panokaemena@mac.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 3, 2007
            Let me try again to walk you through with pleinpot:

            Start Pleinpot
            drag and drop your VR pano ( the XXXX.MOV file) onto pleinpot
            made the settings in pleinpot ( Fullscreen, text etc)

            Hit the EXPORT button

            Create a NEW folder from within the export window gave this folder a
            NAME ,THAT NAME will be later the address name of your website, so
            choose it carefully and avoid spaces or special characters.

            Hit the save button in the open export window.

            All files and htm will be created in that folder.

            NOW

            copy the complete folder to your webserver

            if the name of your webserver would be for example www.hansio.com
            then the address for that fullscreen pano would be:
            www.hansio.com/NAME ( if that folder would be on the root level of
            your webserver)

            (my webserver is the idisk of Apple, which appears on my desktop as
            it would be another drive !! = easy )

            Thats all

            Willy

          • panokaemena@mac.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 3, 2007
              Hans I just saw you have .mac / idisk

              OK then go to the finder to the GO menu GO - idisk- My idisk

              put that folder into the SITES folder of the idisk

              thats is it !!

              http://homepage.mac.com/hansio/NAME ( the NAME of that folder
              created by pleinpot)

              Willy

            • Hansio@hansio.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 3, 2007
                Citeren panokaemena@...:

                > Hans I just saw you have .mac / idisk
                >
                > OK then go to the finder to the GO menu GO - idisk- My idisk
                >
                > put that folder into the SITES folder of the idisk
                >
                > thats is it !!
                >
                > http://homepage.mac.com/hansio/NAME ( the NAME of that folder
                > created by pleinpot)
                >
                > Willy
                >

                > On Oct 3, 2007, at 15:01, panokaemena@... wrote:
                >
                > > Let me try again to walk you through with pleinpot:
                > >
                > > Start Pleinpot
                > > drag and drop your VR pano ( the XXXX.MOV file) onto pleinpot
                > > made the settings in pleinpot ( Fullscreen, text etc)
                > >
                > > Hit the EXPORT button
                > >
                > > Create a NEW folder from within the export window gave this folder a
                > > NAME ,THAT NAME will be later the address name of your website, so
                > > choose it carefully and avoid spaces or special characters.
                > >
                > > Hit the save button in the open export window.
                > >
                > > All files and htm will be created in that folder.
                > >
                > > NOW
                > >
                > > copy the complete folder to your webserver
                > >
                > > if the name of your webserver would be for example www.hansio.com
                > > then the address for that fullscreen pano would be:
                > > www.hansio.com/NAME ( if that folder would be on the root level of
                > > your webserver)
                > >
                > > (my webserver is the idisk of Apple, which appears on my desktop as
                > > it would be another drive !! = easy )
                > >
                > > Thats all
                > >
                > > Willy
                > >
                > > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FSPanos/Menu418.html
                > >
                > > On Oct 1, 2007, at 11:27, hansart2002 wrote:
                > >
                > > > Hello members of this group.
                > > > Let me introduce myself. I'm by origine a Dutch photographer and
                > > will
                > > > stay so. Since some time now we live in Hungary starting a new life
                > > > and also starting up a new business-life. Making images with a 20
                > > > meter tall mast is addictive and will be also our main goal here.
                > > > Since not to long we also make pano's with the mast.
                > > > Using PTQui Pro for the stitch and transfering them into QuickTime.
                > > > Also we have the programm Pleinpot and so we cann also make them
                > > > fullpage, but...... how the H do we publish those full pages?
                > > > Since photography came into my life, and that's about 40 years
                > > ago, I
                > > > had to learn and adapt...and now digital is not even any problem
                > > > anymore, but this publishing is still a thing that keeps me awake.
                > > > Have a look at my website and see some of the examples if you
                > > want but
                > > > please, do help me a little, please?
                > > >
                > > > The website is www.hansio.com
                > > >
                > > > Thanks for any critics and support......
                > > > Hans from Hungary.

                Hello Willy,
                thanks a lot for these intsructions. At the moment the idisk is synchronising
                and so that will take some time. Later I will give it a try if that works. I
                did put it in the folder my website and hope that's the one.
                I'm curious how you make those beautifull pages as you have there now.
                Is it ok with that I will give you a call someday to find out? I also can call
                by Skype so the price is not a big deal that way.
                I promise to call at a decent time.
                Greetings from Hungary.

                Hanszio
              • Milko Amorth
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 3, 2007
                  Hi Hans,

                  > Thanks for your quick answer but it does not ring any bell. That
                  > yourmovie, is that a programm?
                  No. Its just an example file, a movie you want to publish.

                  > I seem to get lost this way.
                  I will try to simplify it more.

                  > I do publish my website via my pages at .mac and I can't get the
                  > fullframes there despite the fact that evrone tells tat it 's so easy.
                  > Can you give me a hint where to find info on this matter?
                  I dont know the .mac editor. But it really does not matter. You just have
                  to copy the directory to the ftp space where your other pages or files
                  are. Thats your root domain. You hyperlink (to the pages for each format
                  generated) from one of you existing pages like you do for your other
                  location samples. The pages will come up as new windows.

                  > By the way, did you look at my pano's, for example the vineyards?
                  Yes. Vinyard and Zsohnay. Those seem to to have a remap and or projection
                  problem, but that has nothing to do with the publishing of the pages.
                  Those qtvrs are not confined to the space you target them for and are
                  bigger than the page designed for and display only part in Firefox.

                  > Oh, one other q. How do I publish in Java so that also window users
                  > can see them?
                  Well, its is included in the Pleinpot editor if you choose to add that to
                  your preferences. You can do Quicktime, PanageaVR,PurePlayer(Java),Spi-V,
                  Pano2Qtvr(Flash) and DevalVR all at the same time with one imput qtvr
                  sample.
                  For PurePlayer and Spi-V and Pano2qtvr you have to add additional files
                  and applets to the directory manually.
                  It is described on each panel in red on the bottom of that page of the
                  preferences.

                  Cheers, Milko

                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 3, 2007
                    Hi Willy.
                    > Let me try again to walk you through with pleinpot:
                    Great, i thought of you when trying to help him.
                    Good that you do.
                    Just read this when i had sent my response already..

                    Cheers, Milko

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 4, 2007
                      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, panokaemena@... wrote:

                      > Hans I just saw you have .mac / idisk
                      >
                      > OK then go to the finder to the GO menu GO - idisk- My idisk
                      >
                      > put that folder into the SITES folder of the idisk
                      >
                      > thats is it !!
                      >
                      > http://homepage.mac.com/hansio/NAME ( the NAME of that folder
                      > created by pleinpot)
                      >
                      > Willy
                      >

                      > On Oct 3, 2007, at 15:01, panokaemena@... wrote:
                      >
                      > > Let me try again to walk you through with pleinpot:
                      > >
                      > > Start Pleinpot
                      > > drag and drop your VR pano ( the XXXX.MOV file) onto pleinpot
                      > > made the settings in pleinpot ( Fullscreen, text etc)
                      > >
                      > > Hit the EXPORT button
                      > >
                      > > Create a NEW folder from within the export window gave this folder a
                      > > NAME ,THAT NAME will be later the address name of your website, so
                      > > choose it carefully and avoid spaces or special characters.
                      > >
                      > > Hit the save button in the open export window.
                      > >
                      > > All files and htm will be created in that folder.
                      > >
                      > > NOW
                      > >
                      > > copy the complete folder to your webserver
                      > >
                      > > if the name of your webserver would be for example www.hansio.com
                      > > then the address for that fullscreen pano would be:
                      > > www.hansio.com/NAME ( if that folder would be on the root level of
                      > > your webserver)
                      > >
                      > > (my webserver is the idisk of Apple, which appears on my desktop as
                      > > it would be another drive !! = easy )
                      > >
                      > > Thats all
                      > >
                      > > Willy
                      > >
                      > > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FSPanos/Menu418.html
                      > >
                      > > On Oct 1, 2007, at 11:27, hansart2002 wrote:
                      > >
                      > > > Hello members of this group.
                      > > > Let me introduce myself. I'm by origine a Dutch photographer and
                      > > will
                      > > > stay so. Since some time now we live in Hungary starting a new life
                      > > > and also starting up a new business-life. Making images with a 20
                      > > > meter tall mast is addictive and will be also our main goal here.
                      > > > Since not to long we also make pano's with the mast.
                      > > > Using PTQui Pro for the stitch and transfering them into QuickTime.
                      > > > Also we have the programm Pleinpot and so we cann also make them
                      > > > fullpage, but...... how the H do we publish those full pages?
                      > > > Since photography came into my life, and that's about 40 years
                      > > ago, I
                      > > > had to learn and adapt...and now digital is not even any problem
                      > > > anymore, but this publishing is still a thing that keeps me awake.
                      > > > Have a look at my website and see some of the examples if you
                      > > want but
                      > > > please, do help me a little, please?
                      > > >
                      > > > The website is www.hansio.com
                      > > >
                      > > > Thanks for any critics and support......
                      > > > Hans from Hungary.

                      Hi guys,
                      and specialy Willy,
                      (NB, why is it that this whole pano-thing is mostly a men's thing)
                      I did everything you adviced. Did put them in a folder, name correct
                      and put it in/ on my idisk in the folder 'sites'. Can't find it,
                      whatever I look around... gone.
                      What oh what is wrong with this uploading of me?
                      Please help me.... I feel like Goofy.

                      Hanszio
                    • panokaemena@mac.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 4, 2007
                        OK you copies the whole Folder made with pleinpot to your sites
                        folder on your idisk??

                        OK then replace the NAME in the following address with that foldername

                        > http://homepage.mac.com/hansio/NAME

                        Question: do you maintain a local copy of idisk on your computer?
                        which you have to synchronize? or are you simply mounting your idisk
                        as a local drive as it would be another 10GB hard disk?

                        Willy