Re: Panorama people in Vancouver Island?

  • James Scancella
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2007
      Daniel,
      I live in Seattle but I am in Victoria for work all the time, (I work
      on one of the ferries that services downtown Victoria). I would love
      to attend/meet other panographers in our area. Let me know when and
      where.
      Jim
    • dmgalpha
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 2, 2007
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew G"
        <conanthedestroya222@...> wrote:

        > Hi Daniel,
        >
        > I'm moving to Vancouver next year, May or June 1st (depending which
        > has the better weather!) Would love to attend a meeting if one is
        > organised through out the year
        >
        > I'm driving across from Kingston, Ontario and will be taking a 360
        > shot roughly every 200km to capture the scenery/terrain change. I'd
        > like to do it evey 100 km but my wife would probably throw the camera
        > out the window ;-)
        >
        > Andrew

        It is not clear if you are moving to Vancouver of Vancouver Island.

        I don't know if there is anybody else in this list living in Victoria.
        But sure, we can always plan a day of pano shooting. Is there interest
        in having such a day out?

        I am in Paris for the next 10 days but we could aim for a day in the
        second half of Oct.

        --daniel
      • Bill Acosta
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 2, 2007
          Hi Andrew,

          My Name is Guillermo(Bill) Acosta and Yes I live here in Victoria, BC, Canada (Vancouver Island). There are a few pano lovers who are professional photographers, enthusiast and hobbies (like myself) is just matter of them stepping out.

          I could be of assistance in a limited way; nonetheless better than nothing.

          What are your plans?

          Guillermo(Bill) Acosta

          dmgalpha <dmgerman@...> wrote: --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew G"
          <conanthedestroya222@...> wrote:

          > Hi Daniel,
          >
          > I'm moving to Vancouver next year, May or June 1st (depending which
          > has the better weather!) Would love to attend a meeting if one is
          > organised through out the year
          >
          > I'm driving across from Kingston, Ontario and will be taking a 360
          > shot roughly every 200km to capture the scenery/terrain change. I'd
          > like to do it evey 100 km but my wife would probably throw the camera
          > out the window ;-)
          >
          > Andrew

          It is not clear if you are moving to Vancouver of Vancouver Island.

          I don't know if there is anybody else in this list living in Victoria.
          But sure, we can always plan a day of pano shooting. Is there interest
          in having such a day out?

          I am in Paris for the next 10 days but we could aim for a day in the
          second half of Oct.

          --daniel

        • uri-cogan
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 2, 2007
            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Bill Acosta <tazu1000@...> wrote:

            > My Name is Guillermo(Bill) Acosta and Yes I live here in Victoria,
            BC, Canada (Vancouver Island). There are a few pano lovers who are
            professional photographers, enthusiast and hobbies (like myself) is
            just matter of them stepping out.

            I live on Salt Spring Island, between Vancouver (the city) and
            Vancouver Island (Victoria).

            A West Coast gathering? nice idea, but I'm no organizer. Meanwhile
            I'll be happy to meet with other panographers who live or are visiting
            our area.
          • Andrew G
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007
              Sorry about that, it's not clear to us either where we'll be moving
              to :-)

              We were thinking of somewhere on the mainland first near Vancouver to
              stand a better chance of getting work and then will check out
              Vancouver Island during the first 6 months and weigh up the benefits.

              It's a bit early now but I would be more than happy to come over to
              the island for a panorama meeting. Can I bring my Pentax K1000!

              Andrew

              > It is not clear if you are moving to Vancouver of Vancouver Island.
              >
              > I don't know if there is anybody else in this list living in
              Victoria.
              > But sure, we can always plan a day of pano shooting. Is there
              interest
              > in having such a day out?
              >
              > I am in Paris for the next 10 days but we could aim for a day in the
              > second half of Oct.
              >
              > --daniel

            • Bill Acosta
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 3, 2007
                Hi Uri,
                I am not an organizer too, but I am willing to learn ho to put this events together.
                The key here is, how many people are willing to come to the West Coast. Lets entertain this thought!

                Any comments?
                Bill

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 4, 2007
                  Andrew, Daniel,
                  If we are taking votes as to where to meet, I would vote for
                  Victoria, it is smaller than Vancouver and easy to get around, with
                  plenty of great places to meet and many places that would look great
                  captured in a pano.
                  Jim

                  jim@...