Help requested with publishing.

  • hansart2002
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 1, 2007
      Hello members of this group.
      Let me introduce myself. I'm by origine a Dutch photographer and will
      stay so. Since some time now we live in Hungary starting a new life
      and also starting up a new business-life. Making images with a 20
      meter tall mast is addictive and will be also our main goal here.
      Since not to long we also make pano's with the mast.
      Using PTQui Pro for the stitch and transfering them into QuickTime.
      Also we have the programm Pleinpot and so we cann also make them
      fullpage, but...... how the H do we publish those full pages?
      Since photography came into my life, and that's about 40 years ago, I
      had to learn and adapt...and now digital is not even any problem
      anymore, but this publishing is still a thing that keeps me awake.
      Have a look at my website and see some of the examples if you want but
      please, do help me a little, please?

      The website is www.hansio.com

      Thanks for any critics and support......
      Hans from Hungary.
    • Milko Amorth
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 1, 2007
        Hi Hans,

        > Also we have the programm Pleinpot and so we cann also make them
        > fullpage, but...... how the H do we publish those full pages?

        Pleinpot will export (almost) everything you need.
        Once you have setup the pages in the preferences lets say for qt, devalVR
        and spi-v.
        You then import yourmovie.mov
        adjust your settings and enter your captions and export.
        The directory created will give you:
        A folder dswmedia
        A folder media
        yourmovie.html (for quicktime)
        yourmovie_Dv.html (for DevalVR)
        yourmovie_SPi.html (for SPi-V )

        You then have to add the equirectangular yourmovie.jpg and SPi-V.dcr files
        into the dswmedia folder manually.
        Thats all you have to do to publish. Transfer the directory to your ftp
        server and keep this stucture as is.
        The media folder contains all the scripts and media files.
        Now just hyperlink to your pages and a a new browser window or tab will
        come up for each page you link to.

        Cheers, Milko

        --
        Milko Amorth
        360° Immersive Imaging

        PhotoScrapbook at Flickr.com/photos/vrdundee
        Skype me @ vrdundee
        Member of IVRPA.org
      • hansart2002
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 2, 2007
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Milko Amorth" <panotools@...> wrote:

          > Hi Hans,
          >
          > > Also we have the programm Pleinpot and so we cann also make them
          > > fullpage, but...... how the H do we publish those full pages?
          >
          > Pleinpot will export (almost) everything you need.
          > Once you have setup the pages in the preferences lets say for qt,
          devalVR
          > and spi-v.
          > You then import yourmovie.mov
          > adjust your settings and enter your captions and export.
          > The directory created will give you:
          > A folder dswmedia
          > A folder media
          > yourmovie.html (for quicktime)
          > yourmovie_Dv.html (for DevalVR)
          > yourmovie_SPi.html (for SPi-V )
          >
          > You then have to add the equirectangular yourmovie.jpg and SPi-V.dcr
          files
          > into the dswmedia folder manually.
          > Thats all you have to do to publish. Transfer the directory to your
          ftp
          > server and keep this stucture as is.
          > The media folder contains all the scripts and media files.
          > Now just hyperlink to your pages and a a new browser window or tab
          will
          > come up for each page you link to.
          >
          > Cheers, Milko
          >

          > --
          > Milko Amorth
          > 360° Immersive Imaging
          > Photographic Virtual Reality
          > VRCanada.ca
          > 604.561.5101
          >
          > PhotoScrapbook at Flickr.com/photos/vrdundee
          > Skype me @ vrdundee
          > Member of IVRPA.org
          > Contributor to the World Wide Panorama Project
          >Hi Milko,
          Thanks for your quick answer but it does not ring any bell. That
          yourmovie, is that a programm? I seem to get lost this way.
          I do publish my website via my pages at .mac and I can't get the
          fullframes there despite the fact that evrone tells tat it 's so easy.
          Can you give me a hint where to find info on this matter?
          I would be very greatfull.
          By the way, did you look at my pano's, for example the vineyards?

          Oh, one other q. How do I publish in Java so that also window users
          can see them?

          Bye from the other side of the big pond.
          Hans
        • Rodolpho Pajuaba
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 2, 2007
            yourmovie means exactly what it spells, your movie, i.e. the movie you
            just made and want to publish. It´s just that yourmovie is way smaller
            than "write here the name of the QTVR movie you want to publish".html,
            for instance.
            And Windows users can see practically every format you publish your
            movie, it only depends if they have the right plugin/program/whatever
            installed. And no, "whatever" is not a new program to view panos, is an
            expression to tell you to substitute by any other thing capable to view
            panos; it´s just that it´s smaller than... well you got the point.
            Regards,
            Rodolpho Pajuaba

            hansart2002 escreveu:

            > Thanks for your quick answer but it does not ring any bell. That
            > yourmovie, is that a programm? I seem to get lost this way.
            > I do publish my website via my pages at .mac and I can't get the
            > fullframes there despite the fact that evrone tells tat it 's so easy.
            > Can you give me a hint where to find info on this matter?
            > I would be very greatfull.
            > By the way, did you look at my pano's, for example the vineyards?
            >
            > Oh, one other q. How do I publish in Java so that also window users
            > can see them?
            >
            > Bye from the other side of the big pond.
            > Hans

          • hansart2002
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 3, 2007
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Milko Amorth" <panotools@...> wrote:

              > Hi Hans,
              >
              > > Also we have the programm Pleinpot and so we cann also make them
              > > fullpage, but...... how the H do we publish those full pages?
              >
              > Pleinpot will export (almost) everything you need.
              > Once you have setup the pages in the preferences lets say for qt,
              devalVR
              > and spi-v.
              > You then import yourmovie.mov
              > adjust your settings and enter your captions and export.
              > The directory created will give you:
              > A folder dswmedia
              > A folder media
              > yourmovie.html (for quicktime)
              > yourmovie_Dv.html (for DevalVR)
              > yourmovie_SPi.html (for SPi-V )
              >
              > You then have to add the equirectangular yourmovie.jpg and SPi-V.dcr
              files
              > into the dswmedia folder manually.
              > Thats all you have to do to publish. Transfer the directory to your
              ftp
              > server and keep this stucture as is.
              > The media folder contains all the scripts and media files.
              > Now just hyperlink to your pages and a a new browser window or tab
              will
              > come up for each page you link to.
              >
              > Cheers, Milko
              >

              > --
              > Milko Amorth
              > 360° Immersive Imaging
              > Photographic Virtual Reality
              > VRCanada.ca
              > 604.561.5101
              >
              > PhotoScrapbook at Flickr.com/photos/vrdundee
              > Skype me @ vrdundee
              > Member of IVRPA.org
              > Contributor to the World Wide Panorama Project
              >Hi Milko,
              I tried everything, but somewhere I get lost....
              Is it ok with you that at a decent time ( your time) I call you to
              walk through the procedure?
            • panokaemena@mac.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 3, 2007
                Let me try again to walk you through with pleinpot:

                Start Pleinpot
                drag and drop your VR pano ( the XXXX.MOV file) onto pleinpot
                made the settings in pleinpot ( Fullscreen, text etc)

                Hit the EXPORT button

                Create a NEW folder from within the export window gave this folder a
                NAME ,THAT NAME will be later the address name of your website, so
                choose it carefully and avoid spaces or special characters.

                Hit the save button in the open export window.

                All files and htm will be created in that folder.

                NOW

                copy the complete folder to your webserver

                if the name of your webserver would be for example www.hansio.com
                then the address for that fullscreen pano would be:
                www.hansio.com/NAME ( if that folder would be on the root level of
                your webserver)

                (my webserver is the idisk of Apple, which appears on my desktop as
                it would be another drive !! = easy )

                Thats all

                Willy

              • panokaemena@mac.com
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 3, 2007
                  Hans I just saw you have .mac / idisk

                  OK then go to the finder to the GO menu GO - idisk- My idisk

                  put that folder into the SITES folder of the idisk

                  thats is it !!

                  http://homepage.mac.com/hansio/NAME ( the NAME of that folder
                  created by pleinpot)

                  Willy

                • Hansio@hansio.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 3, 2007
                    Citeren panokaemena@...:

                    > Hans I just saw you have .mac / idisk
                    >
                    > OK then go to the finder to the GO menu GO - idisk- My idisk
                    >
                    > put that folder into the SITES folder of the idisk
                    >
                    > thats is it !!
                    >
                    > http://homepage.mac.com/hansio/NAME ( the NAME of that folder
                    > created by pleinpot)
                    >
                    > Willy
                    >

                    > On Oct 3, 2007, at 15:01, panokaemena@... wrote:
                    >
                    > > Let me try again to walk you through with pleinpot:
                    > >
                    > > Start Pleinpot
                    > > drag and drop your VR pano ( the XXXX.MOV file) onto pleinpot
                    > > made the settings in pleinpot ( Fullscreen, text etc)
                    > >
                    > > Hit the EXPORT button
                    > >
                    > > Create a NEW folder from within the export window gave this folder a
                    > > NAME ,THAT NAME will be later the address name of your website, so
                    > > choose it carefully and avoid spaces or special characters.
                    > >
                    > > Hit the save button in the open export window.
                    > >
                    > > All files and htm will be created in that folder.
                    > >
                    > > NOW
                    > >
                    > > copy the complete folder to your webserver
                    > >
                    > > if the name of your webserver would be for example www.hansio.com
                    > > then the address for that fullscreen pano would be:
                    > > www.hansio.com/NAME ( if that folder would be on the root level of
                    > > your webserver)
                    > >
                    > > (my webserver is the idisk of Apple, which appears on my desktop as
                    > > it would be another drive !! = easy )
                    > >
                    > > Thats all
                    > >
                    > > Willy
                    > >
                    > > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FSPanos/Menu418.html
                    > >
                    > > On Oct 1, 2007, at 11:27, hansart2002 wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > Hello members of this group.
                    > > > Let me introduce myself. I'm by origine a Dutch photographer and
                    > > will
                    > > > stay so. Since some time now we live in Hungary starting a new life
                    > > > and also starting up a new business-life. Making images with a 20
                    > > > meter tall mast is addictive and will be also our main goal here.
                    > > > Since not to long we also make pano's with the mast.
                    > > > Using PTQui Pro for the stitch and transfering them into QuickTime.
                    > > > Also we have the programm Pleinpot and so we cann also make them
                    > > > fullpage, but...... how the H do we publish those full pages?
                    > > > Since photography came into my life, and that's about 40 years
                    > > ago, I
                    > > > had to learn and adapt...and now digital is not even any problem
                    > > > anymore, but this publishing is still a thing that keeps me awake.
                    > > > Have a look at my website and see some of the examples if you
                    > > want but
                    > > > please, do help me a little, please?
                    > > >
                    > > > The website is www.hansio.com
                    > > >
                    > > > Thanks for any critics and support......
                    > > > Hans from Hungary.

                    Hello Willy,
                    thanks a lot for these intsructions. At the moment the idisk is synchronising
                    and so that will take some time. Later I will give it a try if that works. I
                    did put it in the folder my website and hope that's the one.
                    I'm curious how you make those beautifull pages as you have there now.
                    Is it ok with that I will give you a call someday to find out? I also can call
                    by Skype so the price is not a big deal that way.
                    I promise to call at a decent time.
                    Greetings from Hungary.

                    Hanszio
                  • Milko Amorth
                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 3, 2007
                      Hi Hans,

                      > Thanks for your quick answer but it does not ring any bell. That
                      > yourmovie, is that a programm?
                      No. Its just an example file, a movie you want to publish.

                      > I seem to get lost this way.
                      I will try to simplify it more.

                      > I do publish my website via my pages at .mac and I can't get the
                      > fullframes there despite the fact that evrone tells tat it 's so easy.
                      > Can you give me a hint where to find info on this matter?
                      I dont know the .mac editor. But it really does not matter. You just have
                      to copy the directory to the ftp space where your other pages or files
                      are. Thats your root domain. You hyperlink (to the pages for each format
                      generated) from one of you existing pages like you do for your other
                      location samples. The pages will come up as new windows.

                      > By the way, did you look at my pano's, for example the vineyards?
                      Yes. Vinyard and Zsohnay. Those seem to to have a remap and or projection
                      problem, but that has nothing to do with the publishing of the pages.
                      Those qtvrs are not confined to the space you target them for and are
                      bigger than the page designed for and display only part in Firefox.

                      > Oh, one other q. How do I publish in Java so that also window users
                      > can see them?
                      Well, its is included in the Pleinpot editor if you choose to add that to
                      your preferences. You can do Quicktime, PanageaVR,PurePlayer(Java),Spi-V,
                      Pano2Qtvr(Flash) and DevalVR all at the same time with one imput qtvr
                      sample.
                      For PurePlayer and Spi-V and Pano2qtvr you have to add additional files
                      and applets to the directory manually.
                      It is described on each panel in red on the bottom of that page of the
                      preferences.

                      Cheers, Milko

                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 3, 2007
                        Hi Willy.
                        > Let me try again to walk you through with pleinpot:
                        Great, i thought of you when trying to help him.
                        Good that you do.
                        Just read this when i had sent my response already..

                        Cheers, Milko

                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 4, 2007
                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, panokaemena@... wrote:

                          > Hans I just saw you have .mac / idisk
                          >
                          > OK then go to the finder to the GO menu GO - idisk- My idisk
                          >
                          > put that folder into the SITES folder of the idisk
                          >
                          > thats is it !!
                          >
                          > http://homepage.mac.com/hansio/NAME ( the NAME of that folder
                          > created by pleinpot)
                          >
                          > Willy
                          >

                          > On Oct 3, 2007, at 15:01, panokaemena@... wrote:
                          >
                          > > Let me try again to walk you through with pleinpot:
                          > >
                          > > Start Pleinpot
                          > > drag and drop your VR pano ( the XXXX.MOV file) onto pleinpot
                          > > made the settings in pleinpot ( Fullscreen, text etc)
                          > >
                          > > Hit the EXPORT button
                          > >
                          > > Create a NEW folder from within the export window gave this folder a
                          > > NAME ,THAT NAME will be later the address name of your website, so
                          > > choose it carefully and avoid spaces or special characters.
                          > >
                          > > Hit the save button in the open export window.
                          > >
                          > > All files and htm will be created in that folder.
                          > >
                          > > NOW
                          > >
                          > > copy the complete folder to your webserver
                          > >
                          > > if the name of your webserver would be for example www.hansio.com
                          > > then the address for that fullscreen pano would be:
                          > > www.hansio.com/NAME ( if that folder would be on the root level of
                          > > your webserver)
                          > >
                          > > (my webserver is the idisk of Apple, which appears on my desktop as
                          > > it would be another drive !! = easy )
                          > >
                          > > Thats all
                          > >
                          > > Willy
                          > >
                          > > http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FSPanos/Menu418.html
                          > >
                          > > On Oct 1, 2007, at 11:27, hansart2002 wrote:
                          > >
                          > > > Hello members of this group.
                          > > > Let me introduce myself. I'm by origine a Dutch photographer and
                          > > will
                          > > > stay so. Since some time now we live in Hungary starting a new life
                          > > > and also starting up a new business-life. Making images with a 20
                          > > > meter tall mast is addictive and will be also our main goal here.
                          > > > Since not to long we also make pano's with the mast.
                          > > > Using PTQui Pro for the stitch and transfering them into QuickTime.
                          > > > Also we have the programm Pleinpot and so we cann also make them
                          > > > fullpage, but...... how the H do we publish those full pages?
                          > > > Since photography came into my life, and that's about 40 years
                          > > ago, I
                          > > > had to learn and adapt...and now digital is not even any problem
                          > > > anymore, but this publishing is still a thing that keeps me awake.
                          > > > Have a look at my website and see some of the examples if you
                          > > want but
                          > > > please, do help me a little, please?
                          > > >
                          > > > The website is www.hansio.com
                          > > >
                          > > > Thanks for any critics and support......
                          > > > Hans from Hungary.

                          Hi guys,
                          and specialy Willy,
                          (NB, why is it that this whole pano-thing is mostly a men's thing)
                          I did everything you adviced. Did put them in a folder, name correct
                          and put it in/ on my idisk in the folder 'sites'. Can't find it,
                          whatever I look around... gone.
                          What oh what is wrong with this uploading of me?
                          Please help me.... I feel like Goofy.

                          Hanszio
                        • panokaemena@mac.com
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 4, 2007
                            OK you copies the whole Folder made with pleinpot to your sites
                            folder on your idisk??

                            OK then replace the NAME in the following address with that foldername

                            > http://homepage.mac.com/hansio/NAME

                            Question: do you maintain a local copy of idisk on your computer?
                            which you have to synchronize? or are you simply mounting your idisk
                            as a local drive as it would be another 10GB hard disk?

                            Willy