Re: QTVR Player Dead?

  • William Donelson
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
      Well, it always crashes Safari on my Mac, so not "pefectly".

      Safari 2.0.4, OSX 10.4.10, dual G4 with 2 GB RAM.

    • panokaemena@mac.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
        With all attempts to kill QT you have to consider that is still the
        best software which works on WIN and MACOS
        Deval is only WIN ;(

        Willy

        On Oct 1, 2007, at 8:48, Aaron Spence wrote:

        > Hmmm... I should point out that Fieros brilliant DevalVR
        > http://devalvr.com/ (The best VR player there is IMHO, with its 250kb
        > size and silky smooth hardware acceleration) has been able to play
        > QTVR.mov's for a long time.
        >
        > In fact on my Vista64 system (and the XP64 system before that) I use
        > DevalVR to play back QTVR as Quicktime can't do it.
        > (Special DevalVR version set up as the default player for .mov's)
        >
        > But, FPP 2.2 is special 'cause it has the installed user base of Flash
        > + the ability to play QTVR's. No hardware acceleration, but we can't
        > have everything.
        >
        > Aaron.

      • Rodolpho Pajuaba
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
          But all Macs have QT< right? So, with DevalVR as a plugin to view QTs on
          PCs one can put only QTs on the site - or at least this is the way I
          thought it should be, in this case (please, correct me if I´m wrong).
          Regards,
          Rodolpho Pajuaba

          panokaemena@... escreveu:
          > With all attempts to kill QT you have to consider that is still the
          > best software which works on WIN and MACOS
          > Deval is only WIN ;(
          >
          > Willy

        • Carel
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
            Rodolpho Pajuaba-2 wrote:

            > But all Macs have QT< right? So, with DevalVR as a plugin to view QTs on
            > PCs one can put only QTs on the site - or at least this is the way I
            > thought it should be, in this case (please, correct me if I´m wrong).
            > Regards,
            > Rodolpho Pajuaba

            DevalVR also provides great javascript, to check the available plugin on a
            browser and serve up the pano in that format. One of the great assets of
            Fiero's detectvr.js is that you can also set the max display size and limits
            to aspect ratio, so that your carefully prepared panorama does not look
            distorted on those new jumbo widescreen LCDs.

            Carel