RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: QTVR Player Dead?

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
      For legacy content I would say so.

      Its an amazing time, not to have to worry about plugins any more or even
      detection scripts.

      Except for the spiv viewer, which can do some interesting things too that
      flash can't do, you can forget about the rest.

      Sacha Griffin
      www.southern-digital.com
      www.seeit360.net
      www.ezphotosafe.com
      404-551-4275
      404-731-7798

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
        Well, it always crashes Safari on my Mac, so not "pefectly".

        Safari 2.0.4, OSX 10.4.10, dual G4 with 2 GB RAM.

      • panokaemena@mac.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
          With all attempts to kill QT you have to consider that is still the
          best software which works on WIN and MACOS
          Deval is only WIN ;(

          Willy

          On Oct 1, 2007, at 8:48, Aaron Spence wrote:

          > Hmmm... I should point out that Fieros brilliant DevalVR
          > http://devalvr.com/ (The best VR player there is IMHO, with its 250kb
          > size and silky smooth hardware acceleration) has been able to play
          > QTVR.mov's for a long time.
          >
          > In fact on my Vista64 system (and the XP64 system before that) I use
          > DevalVR to play back QTVR as Quicktime can't do it.
          > (Special DevalVR version set up as the default player for .mov's)
          >
          > But, FPP 2.2 is special 'cause it has the installed user base of Flash
          > + the ability to play QTVR's. No hardware acceleration, but we can't
          > have everything.
          >
          > Aaron.

        • Rodolpho Pajuaba
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
            But all Macs have QT< right? So, with DevalVR as a plugin to view QTs on
            PCs one can put only QTs on the site - or at least this is the way I
            thought it should be, in this case (please, correct me if I´m wrong).
            Regards,
            Rodolpho Pajuaba

            panokaemena@... escreveu:
            > With all attempts to kill QT you have to consider that is still the
            > best software which works on WIN and MACOS
            > Deval is only WIN ;(
            >
            > Willy

          • Carel
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
              Rodolpho Pajuaba-2 wrote:

              > But all Macs have QT< right? So, with DevalVR as a plugin to view QTs on
              > PCs one can put only QTs on the site - or at least this is the way I
              > thought it should be, in this case (please, correct me if I´m wrong).
              > Regards,
              > Rodolpho Pajuaba

              DevalVR also provides great javascript, to check the available plugin on a
              browser and serve up the pano in that format. One of the great assets of
              Fiero's detectvr.js is that you can also set the max display size and limits
              to aspect ratio, so that your carefully prepared panorama does not look
              distorted on those new jumbo widescreen LCDs.

              Carel