Re: QTVR Player Dead?

  • Aaron Spence
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2007
      > No, I called it a few months ago. :-)
      >
      > Sorry.

      G'day Sacha, I must have missed that call ;) So I guess FPP playing
      QTVR adds some extra nails to the coffin?

      Aaron.
    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1 1:04 AM
        For legacy content I would say so.

        Its an amazing time, not to have to worry about plugins any more or even
        detection scripts.

        Except for the spiv viewer, which can do some interesting things too that
        flash can't do, you can forget about the rest.

        Sacha Griffin
        www.southern-digital.com
        www.seeit360.net
        www.ezphotosafe.com
        404-551-4275
        404-731-7798

        _____

        G'day Sacha, I must have missed that call ;) So I guess FPP playing
        QTVR adds some extra nails to the coffin?

        Aaron.

      • William Donelson
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1 1:19 AM
          Well, it always crashes Safari on my Mac, so not "pefectly".

          Safari 2.0.4, OSX 10.4.10, dual G4 with 2 GB RAM.

        • panokaemena@mac.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1 1:57 AM
            With all attempts to kill QT you have to consider that is still the
            best software which works on WIN and MACOS
            Deval is only WIN ;(

            Willy

            On Oct 1, 2007, at 8:48, Aaron Spence wrote:

            > Hmmm... I should point out that Fieros brilliant DevalVR
            > http://devalvr.com/ (The best VR player there is IMHO, with its 250kb
            > size and silky smooth hardware acceleration) has been able to play
            > QTVR.mov's for a long time.
            >
            > In fact on my Vista64 system (and the XP64 system before that) I use
            > DevalVR to play back QTVR as Quicktime can't do it.
            > (Special DevalVR version set up as the default player for .mov's)
            >
            > But, FPP 2.2 is special 'cause it has the installed user base of Flash
            > + the ability to play QTVR's. No hardware acceleration, but we can't
            > have everything.
            >
            > Aaron.

          • Rodolpho Pajuaba
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 1 6:49 AM
              But all Macs have QT< right? So, with DevalVR as a plugin to view QTs on
              PCs one can put only QTs on the site - or at least this is the way I
              thought it should be, in this case (please, correct me if I´m wrong).
              Regards,
              Rodolpho Pajuaba

              panokaemena@... escreveu:
              > With all attempts to kill QT you have to consider that is still the
              > best software which works on WIN and MACOS
              > Deval is only WIN ;(
              >
              > Willy

            • Carel
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 1 12:55 PM
                Rodolpho Pajuaba-2 wrote:

                > But all Macs have QT< right? So, with DevalVR as a plugin to view QTs on
                > PCs one can put only QTs on the site - or at least this is the way I
                > thought it should be, in this case (please, correct me if I´m wrong).
                > Regards,
                > Rodolpho Pajuaba

                DevalVR also provides great javascript, to check the available plugin on a
                browser and serve up the pano in that format. One of the great assets of
                Fiero's detectvr.js is that you can also set the max display size and limits
                to aspect ratio, so that your carefully prepared panorama does not look
                distorted on those new jumbo widescreen LCDs.

                Carel