Re: 360XSS - what's next?

  • Juergen Schrader
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 30, 2007
      Wordpress, please!

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Yuval Levy <yahoo06@...> wrote:

      > thanks everybody for testing and feedback. a newer version has been
      > uploaded that corrects a few small issues. detection of FreePV
      (Linux)
      > is now working (though in the dropdown it still shows QuickTime and
      > Shockwave-SPi-V by design since FreePV is designed to show this
      content)
      > and false positives with the Totem QuickTime plug-in for Linux.
      >
      > There are a number of directions in which development can move and
      > would like to solicit comments/feedback. Please influence in which
      > direction I develop!
      >
      > 1. the back-end is currently hard-coded to a specific layout on the
      > server. however it is possible to relax that hard-coding and use
      sources
      > on *any* third party server. Imagine: your VR are safely stored on
      > webspace you control - any shared/dedicated/colocated webspace is
      game.
      > The XSSpano injects your VR on sites you want.
      >
      > 2. the keys in the front-end are not implemented yet. imagine: a
      website
      > wants to license your pano for display. they go online, ask for a
      code.
      > you get the request, approve the transaction, they swipe their
      credit
      > card and you get royalties for every month that the pano is shown.
      >
      > 3. seamless processing. so you got that wonderful high resolution
      > equirectangular - after all shooting and stitching is the art. the
      rest
      > is tedious work. imagine: you upload your equirects and the server
      > generates all output formats for you, either to be stored and
      served
      > from the server itself, or (point 1) to be zipped for you to
      download
      > into any webspace.
      >
      > 4. the tour editor. a wysiwyg editor to build entire tours that can
      be
      > delivered with the same simplicity as the single VR posted
      yesterday.

      > 5. pecking order customization: for website owners to decide which
      VR
      > technology is used first.
      >
      > 6. thumbnail customization: different shapes and sizes of thumbnail.
      >
      > 7. the map: the marriage of two XSS techniques. put an XSS pano on
      the
      > GoogleMap.
      >
      > 8. plugins for CMS and Blogs - Typo3/Drupal/Joomla/MediaWiki/
      Wordpress ?
      > which one first, if any?
      >
      > any other feature *you* could think of? what is your preference?
      which
      > one should I develop next? Andrei has already expressed some
      interesting
      > ideas publicly and others have written interesting stuff in private.
      >
      > last but not least, I'd like to request comments on a business
      > proposition: what would be for you the value of such a publishing
      > system? assume the VRs are hosted on your webspace totally under
      your
      > control; assume the system takes care of digital right management
      and VR
      > injection into the hosting website - like an agent representing
      your
      > content. Would you prefer a flat yearly or monthly fee? a yearly
      fee per
      > pano? a commission on the royalties generated for you? a mix of
      both? of
      > course you'd like to have that for free, but that's not an option.
      > need to earn my bread somewhere, and after all panorama
      photographers
      > pay some money for other publishing tools.
      >
      > Feedback and comments welcome
      >
      > Yuv

    • Nicolas Burtey
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 2, 2007
        I'm looking for a blog. And I think I'll go on wordpress too. So ...
      • Yuval Levy
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 5, 2007
          Hi Chris (and everybody else)

          thanks for your feedback. this is just a quick note to say that progress
          is coming. I am currently in California for Google's Summer of Code
          mentor summit and to visit a few panorama photographer (if you are in
          the L.A. area, contact Roger Howard for details on a 360 BBQ).

          COMING SOON (in this order of priority)
          - MediaWiki plugin (beta works)
          - WordPress plugin (thanks Bert Vierstra, alpha works)
          - Panos served from your webspace

          but first - it's party time at Google!

          Yuv

        • Nicolas Burtey
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 11, 2007
            Hello

            can you tell me what will do the plug-in for WordPress exactly ?

            Thanks,
            Nicolas
          • Yuval Levy
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 11, 2007
              Nicolas Burtey wrote:
              > can you tell me what will do the plug-in for WordPress exactly ?

              if I'm inspired enough, demo early next week. the bad weather helps.
              short description: a pano tag that is conceptually similar to an image
              tag and makes it very easy to add a VR from any webspace on the web o
              you blog.

              Yuv
            • Keith Martin
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 12, 2007
                Sometime around 11/10/07 (at 18:40 -0400) Yuval Levy said:

                >if I'm inspired enough, demo early next week. the bad weather helps.

                Suddenly we're all praying for rain for your part of the world...
                No promises, but this could even push me into maintaining a blog! ;-)

                What VR format(s) would this deal with?

              • Nicolas Burtey
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 12, 2007
                  > >if I'm inspired enough, demo early next week. the bad weather helps.

                  Cool !

                  > Suddenly we're all praying for rain for your part of the world...
                  > No promises, but this could even push me into maintaining a blog! ;-)
                  >
                  > What VR format(s) would this deal with?

                  I hope it will work for Flash Panorama !

                  regards,
                  Nicolas
                • Yuval Levy
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 14, 2007
                    Keith Martin wrote:
                    > Suddenly we're all praying for rain for your part of the world...

                    was kind of mixed - bad enough to keep me coding.

                    <http://dru2.xenaura.com/blog/2007/10/14/3/>

                    the above is a temporary WordPress Mu install. You can see the initial
                    prototype of the plugin at work. (and two panoramas, one from the Google
                    Summer of Code Mentor Summit and one

                    > No promises, but this could even push me into maintaining a blog! ;-)

                    it will get me to start one after staying on the sidelines for so long.

                    > What VR format(s) would this deal with?

                    *ANY* (and if one is not supported, I am a feedback-taker).

                    Details will follow.

                    Today marked also another success: with some small limitations (that I
                    am working to get over), the injection code can now take panos from
                    wherever in cyberspace and put them on any host page.

                    web2.0 at its best!

                    Yuv