Re: [PanoToolsNG] Circular bubble level for hot shoe

  • Eric O'Brien
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 29, 2007
      Of course, a question would be: is the *lens mount surface* vertical
      and the long axis *of the sensor* vertical when the bubble level
      (which is stuck on the hot show connector) indicates level? I
      suppose it would at least be close, which is probably better than eye-
      balling it.

      eo

      On Sep 29, 2007, at 12:31 AM, Peter Nyfeler wrote:

      > Hi
      >
      > I'm looking for a circular bubble level for hot shoe. Does someone
      > know
      > an adress where I can purchase one near Switzerland?
      >
      > I don't like to pay more for delivery than the item is worth itselfs.
      >
      > Link to this specific item:
      >
      > http://tinyurl.com/24dmdb
      >

      > Peter

    • Peter Nyfeler
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 30, 2007
        Hi Eric

        When you shoot handheld spericals the I think precision of the hot shoe
        mount
        isn't that important but gives a bit of a guide when you shot f. e. only
        4 pictures
        with a Sigma 8mm and the overlap isnt that big. There is also some play when
        you push it in the hot shoe. I always try to fit the bubble level in the
        same position.

        Peter

        Eric O'Brien schrieb:
        > Of course, a question would be: is the *lens mount surface* vertical
        > and the long axis *of the sensor* vertical when the bubble level
        > (which is stuck on the hot show connector) indicates level? I
        > suppose it would at least be close, which is probably better than eye-
        > balling it.
        >
        > eo

      • Matthias Taugwalder
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 30, 2007
          Hi Peter,

          There's also a hotshoe bubble level of the German company HAMA, see here
          http://www.hama.de/portal/articleId*2884/action*2563/searchMode*1/bySearch*wasserwaage

          It can be ordered over the photography specialized shops (no direct order
          possible).

          Have a nice day,

          Matthias

          --
          Matthias Taugwalder
          matthias.taugwalder@...

        • Peter Nyfeler
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 30, 2007
            Hi Matthias

            I think I wasn't clear enough with my explanations.....
            (I already have a two-axis level)

            I'm looking for a circular bubble level as most of the pano heads have
            built in, not the two axis one.
            And itz should be possible to mount this circular level to the flash hot
            shoe.

            I feel much more comfortable with a circular bubble level as it is much
            easier and quicker to level for me.
            (Défomartion professionelles) ;-)

            Sorry for the confusion.....

            Thanks