Re: Circular bubble level for hot shoe

  • Dave 360texas.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 29, 2007
      Agno's sells them also

      Click to see Agnos page

      <http://www.agnos.com/prodotti.htm?v_lingua=ENG&v_iss_web=W1416589070929\
      21570442097406&v_categ_lista=P0000-P0013> Dave

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 29, 2007
        Of course, a question would be: is the *lens mount surface* vertical
        and the long axis *of the sensor* vertical when the bubble level
        (which is stuck on the hot show connector) indicates level? I
        suppose it would at least be close, which is probably better than eye-
        balling it.

        eo

        On Sep 29, 2007, at 12:31 AM, Peter Nyfeler wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > I'm looking for a circular bubble level for hot shoe. Does someone
        > know
        > an adress where I can purchase one near Switzerland?
        >
        > I don't like to pay more for delivery than the item is worth itselfs.
        >
        > Link to this specific item:
        >
        > http://tinyurl.com/24dmdb
        >

        > Peter

      • Peter Nyfeler
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 30, 2007
          Hi Eric

          When you shoot handheld spericals the I think precision of the hot shoe
          mount
          isn't that important but gives a bit of a guide when you shot f. e. only
          4 pictures
          with a Sigma 8mm and the overlap isnt that big. There is also some play when
          you push it in the hot shoe. I always try to fit the bubble level in the
          same position.

          Peter

          Eric O'Brien schrieb:
          > Of course, a question would be: is the *lens mount surface* vertical
          > and the long axis *of the sensor* vertical when the bubble level
          > (which is stuck on the hot show connector) indicates level? I
          > suppose it would at least be close, which is probably better than eye-
          > balling it.
          >
          > eo

        • Matthias Taugwalder
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 30, 2007
            Hi Peter,

            There's also a hotshoe bubble level of the German company HAMA, see here
            http://www.hama.de/portal/articleId*2884/action*2563/searchMode*1/bySearch*wasserwaage

            It can be ordered over the photography specialized shops (no direct order
            possible).

            Have a nice day,

            Matthias

            --
            Matthias Taugwalder
            matthias.taugwalder@...

          • Peter Nyfeler
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 30, 2007
              Hi Matthias

              I think I wasn't clear enough with my explanations.....
              (I already have a two-axis level)

              I'm looking for a circular bubble level as most of the pano heads have
              built in, not the two axis one.
              And itz should be possible to mount this circular level to the flash hot
              shoe.

              I feel much more comfortable with a circular bubble level as it is much
              easier and quicker to level for me.
              (Défomartion professionelles) ;-)

              Sorry for the confusion.....

              Thanks