Re: Sources PTViewerME2

  • hxu2002
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2007
      Thanks, Prof. Dersch.

      I did a quick check on the code and believe the JPeg Handling routine
      is
      somewhat redundant as M3G has jpeg handling routine out of box.

      Regards

      Hongbo

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "hd_de_2000" <der@...> wrote:

      > The sources for PTViewerME2 (PTViewer for cellphones) are
      > now available at <http://www.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch>.
      > License: GPL v.3 with the "PTViewer-exception": distribution
      > of the _unmodified_ binary does not require distribution of the
      > sources.
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Helmut Dersch

    • hd_de_2000
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2007
        Hi Hongbo,

        the Sun reference implementation of M3G has jpeg handling
        but the specs only require PNG, so there may be runtimes
        which don't support jpeg. Anyway, PTViewerME always tries
        the API-decoder first, and only if this fails uses its
        own code. If you are sure that your runtime supports jpeg,
        you can remove the JPEGDecoder class, and edit the function
        bufferToImage() in the file MovViewer.java. This will
        save ~5kByte binarysize.

        Regards

        Helmut Dersch