Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Circular bubble level for hot shoe

  • Peter Nyfeler
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 29 7:05 AM
      Carl, Hans and Mike

      Thanks for the suggestions. Now I know where to buy this gadget.

      Best regards

      Peter

      Hans Nyberg schrieb:
      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Carl von Einem" <einem@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Hi Peter,
      >>
      >> Hans Nyberg told me at the Venice meeting about a german company, I
      >> think it was <http://www.fine-tools.com/level.htm>, he had bought the
      >> Acrylic spirit level (Order nr. 312128) from that company if I
      >> remember correctly. Their products seem to be a lot cheaper than all
      >> those "pro photo" levels re-branded as Kaiser, Linhof (!) etc.
      >>

      > Yes the card level is very useful, but they do not have one for your hotshoe.
      >
      > I believe you can get the Hama and Kaiser ones in most well assorted kamera shops.
      >
      > And here is the Swiss reseller for Kaiser.
      > http://www.graphicart.ch/
      >
      > It is in the webshop under Kamerazubehör
      >
      > Hans
      >

      >> --- Peter Nyfeler wrote:
      >>
      >>> I'm looking for a circular bubble level for hot shoe. Does
      >>> someone know an adress where I can purchase one near
      >>> Switzerland?
      >>> I don't like to pay more for delivery than the item is worth itselfs.

    • Dave 360texas.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 29 1:01 PM
        Agno's sells them also

        Click to see Agnos page

        <http://www.agnos.com/prodotti.htm?v_lingua=ENG&v_iss_web=W1416589070929\
        21570442097406&v_categ_lista=P0000-P0013> Dave

        > I bought some /4 pcs) at e...-> ab. 4€/pcs and 2 € shipping.
        > Think that´s ok- at least to me.
        > But I don´t remember the company, but thes are at e...de
        permanently I guess.
        > Ciao
        > Mike
        > -------------------------

      • Eric O'Brien
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 29 3:51 PM
          Of course, a question would be: is the *lens mount surface* vertical
          and the long axis *of the sensor* vertical when the bubble level
          (which is stuck on the hot show connector) indicates level? I
          suppose it would at least be close, which is probably better than eye-
          balling it.

          eo

          On Sep 29, 2007, at 12:31 AM, Peter Nyfeler wrote:

          > Hi
          >
          > I'm looking for a circular bubble level for hot shoe. Does someone
          > know
          > an adress where I can purchase one near Switzerland?
          >
          > I don't like to pay more for delivery than the item is worth itselfs.
          >
          > Link to this specific item:
          >
          > http://tinyurl.com/24dmdb
          >

          > Peter

        • Peter Nyfeler
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 30 12:05 AM
            Hi Eric

            When you shoot handheld spericals the I think precision of the hot shoe
            mount
            isn't that important but gives a bit of a guide when you shot f. e. only
            4 pictures
            with a Sigma 8mm and the overlap isnt that big. There is also some play when
            you push it in the hot shoe. I always try to fit the bubble level in the
            same position.

            Peter

            Eric O'Brien schrieb:
            > Of course, a question would be: is the *lens mount surface* vertical
            > and the long axis *of the sensor* vertical when the bubble level
            > (which is stuck on the hot show connector) indicates level? I
            > suppose it would at least be close, which is probably better than eye-
            > balling it.
            >
            > eo

          • Matthias Taugwalder
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 30 1:17 AM
              Hi Peter,

              There's also a hotshoe bubble level of the German company HAMA, see here
              http://www.hama.de/portal/articleId*2884/action*2563/searchMode*1/bySearch*wasserwaage

              It can be ordered over the photography specialized shops (no direct order
              possible).

              Have a nice day,

              Matthias

              --
              Matthias Taugwalder
              matthias.taugwalder@...

            • Peter Nyfeler
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 30 2:36 AM
                Hi Matthias

                I think I wasn't clear enough with my explanations.....
                (I already have a two-axis level)

                I'm looking for a circular bubble level as most of the pano heads have
                built in, not the two axis one.
                And itz should be possible to mount this circular level to the flash hot
                shoe.

                I feel much more comfortable with a circular bubble level as it is much
                easier and quicker to level for me.
                (Défomartion professionelles) ;-)

                Sorry for the confusion.....

                Thanks