Sources PTViewerME2

  • hd_de_2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2007
      The sources for PTViewerME2 (PTViewer for cellphones) are
      now available at <http://www.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch>.
      License: GPL v.3 with the "PTViewer-exception": distribution
      of the _unmodified_ binary does not require distribution of the
      sources.

      Regards

      Helmut Dersch
    • hxu2002
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2007
        Thanks, Prof. Dersch.

        I did a quick check on the code and believe the JPeg Handling routine
        is
        somewhat redundant as M3G has jpeg handling routine out of box.

        Regards

        Hongbo

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "hd_de_2000" <der@...> wrote:

        > The sources for PTViewerME2 (PTViewer for cellphones) are
        > now available at <http://www.hs-furtwangen.de/~dersch>.
        > License: GPL v.3 with the "PTViewer-exception": distribution
        > of the _unmodified_ binary does not require distribution of the
        > sources.
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Helmut Dersch

      • hd_de_2000
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29, 2007
          Hi Hongbo,

          the Sun reference implementation of M3G has jpeg handling
          but the specs only require PNG, so there may be runtimes
          which don't support jpeg. Anyway, PTViewerME always tries
          the API-decoder first, and only if this fails uses its
          own code. If you are sure that your runtime supports jpeg,
          you can remove the JPEGDecoder class, and edit the function
          bufferToImage() in the file MovViewer.java. This will
          save ~5kByte binarysize.

          Regards

          Helmut Dersch