Circular bubble level for hot shoe

  • Peter Nyfeler
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 29, 2007
      Hi

      I'm looking for a circular bubble level for hot shoe. Does someone know
      an adress where I can purchase one near Switzerland?

      I don't like to pay more for delivery than the item is worth itselfs.

      Link to this specific item:

      http://tinyurl.com/24dmdb

      Peter
    • Carl von Einem
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 29, 2007
        Hi Peter,

        Hans Nyberg told me at the Venice meeting about a german company, I
        think it was <http://www.fine-tools.com/level.htm>, he had bought the
        Acrylic spirit level (Order nr. 312128) from that company if I
        remember correctly. Their products seem to be a lot cheaper than all
        those "pro photo" levels re-branded as Kaiser, Linhof (!) etc.

        Carl

        --- Peter Nyfeler wrote:

        > I'm looking for a circular bubble level for hot shoe. Does
        > someone know an adress where I can purchase one near
        > Switzerland?
        > I don't like to pay more for delivery than the item is worth itselfs.
      • Hans Nyberg
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 29, 2007
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Carl von Einem" <einem@...> wrote:

          > Hi Peter,
          >
          > Hans Nyberg told me at the Venice meeting about a german company, I
          > think it was <http://www.fine-tools.com/level.htm>, he had bought the
          > Acrylic spirit level (Order nr. 312128) from that company if I
          > remember correctly. Their products seem to be a lot cheaper than all
          > those "pro photo" levels re-branded as Kaiser, Linhof (!) etc.

          Yes the card level is very useful, but they do not have one for your hotshoe.

          I believe you can get the Hama and Kaiser ones in most well assorted kamera shops.

          And here is the Swiss reseller for Kaiser.
          http://www.graphicart.ch/

          It is in the webshop under Kamerazubehör

          Hans

          > --- Peter Nyfeler wrote:
          > >
          > > I'm looking for a circular bubble level for hot shoe. Does
          > > someone know an adress where I can purchase one near
          > > Switzerland?
          > > I don't like to pay more for delivery than the item is worth itselfs.

        • ptgroup
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 29, 2007
            I bought some /4 pcs) at e...-> ab. 4€/pcs and 2 € shipping.
            Think that´s ok- at least to me.
            But I don´t remember the company, but thes are at e...de permanently I guess.
            Ciao
            Mike
            -------------------------

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 29, 2007
              Carl, Hans and Mike

              Thanks for the suggestions. Now I know where to buy this gadget.

              Best regards

              Peter

              Hans Nyberg schrieb:
              > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Carl von Einem" <einem@...> wrote:
              >
              >> Hi Peter,
              >>
              >> Hans Nyberg told me at the Venice meeting about a german company, I
              >> think it was <http://www.fine-tools.com/level.htm>, he had bought the
              >> Acrylic spirit level (Order nr. 312128) from that company if I
              >> remember correctly. Their products seem to be a lot cheaper than all
              >> those "pro photo" levels re-branded as Kaiser, Linhof (!) etc.
              >>

              > Yes the card level is very useful, but they do not have one for your hotshoe.
              >
              > I believe you can get the Hama and Kaiser ones in most well assorted kamera shops.
              >
              > And here is the Swiss reseller for Kaiser.
              > http://www.graphicart.ch/
              >
              > It is in the webshop under Kamerazubehör
              >
              > Hans
              >

              >> --- Peter Nyfeler wrote:
              >>
              >>> I'm looking for a circular bubble level for hot shoe. Does
              >>> someone know an adress where I can purchase one near
              >>> Switzerland?
              >>> I don't like to pay more for delivery than the item is worth itselfs.

            • Dave 360texas.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 29, 2007
                Agno's sells them also

                Click to see Agnos page

                <http://www.agnos.com/prodotti.htm?v_lingua=ENG&v_iss_web=W1416589070929\
                21570442097406&v_categ_lista=P0000-P0013> Dave

                > I bought some /4 pcs) at e...-> ab. 4€/pcs and 2 € shipping.
                > Think that´s ok- at least to me.
                > But I don´t remember the company, but thes are at e...de
                permanently I guess.
                > Ciao
                > Mike
                > -------------------------

              • Eric O'Brien
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 29, 2007
                  Of course, a question would be: is the *lens mount surface* vertical
                  and the long axis *of the sensor* vertical when the bubble level
                  (which is stuck on the hot show connector) indicates level? I
                  suppose it would at least be close, which is probably better than eye-
                  balling it.

                  eo

                  On Sep 29, 2007, at 12:31 AM, Peter Nyfeler wrote:

                  > Hi
                  >
                  > I'm looking for a circular bubble level for hot shoe. Does someone
                  > know
                  > an adress where I can purchase one near Switzerland?
                  >
                  > I don't like to pay more for delivery than the item is worth itselfs.
                  >
                  > Link to this specific item:
                  >
                  > http://tinyurl.com/24dmdb
                  >

                  > Peter

                • Peter Nyfeler
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 30, 2007
                    Hi Eric

                    When you shoot handheld spericals the I think precision of the hot shoe
                    mount
                    isn't that important but gives a bit of a guide when you shot f. e. only
                    4 pictures
                    with a Sigma 8mm and the overlap isnt that big. There is also some play when
                    you push it in the hot shoe. I always try to fit the bubble level in the
                    same position.

                    Peter

                    Eric O'Brien schrieb:
                    > Of course, a question would be: is the *lens mount surface* vertical
                    > and the long axis *of the sensor* vertical when the bubble level
                    > (which is stuck on the hot show connector) indicates level? I
                    > suppose it would at least be close, which is probably better than eye-
                    > balling it.
                    >
                    > eo

                  • Matthias Taugwalder
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 30, 2007
                      Hi Peter,

                      There's also a hotshoe bubble level of the German company HAMA, see here
                      http://www.hama.de/portal/articleId*2884/action*2563/searchMode*1/bySearch*wasserwaage

                      It can be ordered over the photography specialized shops (no direct order
                      possible).

                      Have a nice day,

                      Matthias

                      --
                      Matthias Taugwalder
                      matthias.taugwalder@...

                    • Peter Nyfeler
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 30, 2007
                        Hi Matthias

                        I think I wasn't clear enough with my explanations.....
                        (I already have a two-axis level)

                        I'm looking for a circular bubble level as most of the pano heads have
                        built in, not the two axis one.
                        And itz should be possible to mount this circular level to the flash hot
                        shoe.

                        I feel much more comfortable with a circular bubble level as it is much
                        easier and quicker to level for me.
                        (Défomartion professionelles) ;-)

                        Sorry for the confusion.....

                        Thanks